1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 02:39
    As for DanialBFFJesus, consider cracking a book that doesn't start with the letter "B" and end with "ible".
    First of all that's not my name nor is it nice to me or God.

2nd I do read other things beside the Bible
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 08:03
    Non-subs should not be allowed to converse with subscibers; they should think themselves fortunate to be allowed to post at all. Maybe they should have their own little tight-ass forum?
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 10:282 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Non-subs should not be allowed to converse with subscibers; they should think themselves fortunate to be allowed to post at all. Maybe they should have their own little tight-ass forum?
    Or;

perhaps we should have a forum for kiddies - lets say if you are, or act like you are under the age of 15 you would have to use the baby-forum.

You'd fit in well. 😕

-------------------------

As the "alleged" reason for the pm rationing is to "prevent abuse", how would this idea increase the chances of abuse?

Answer: it wouldn't. 🙄
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 10:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why would someone pay 40 dollars a year to send messages? 😲

That would be a brilliant bit of business if it could be wangled.

Maybe you wouldn't scrounge drinks all night but the point is if the scum has bought you some drinks and you bought him some , the time suddenly comes when the barman says "nope, you scum can't buy that sub a drink, you've used up your buying quota"
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 10:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Or;

perhaps we should have a forum for kiddies - lets say if you are, or act like you are under the age of 15 you would have to use the baby-forum.

You'd fit in well. 😕

-------------------------

As the "alleged" reason for the pm rationing is to "prevent abuse", how would this idea increase the chances of abuse?

Answer: it wouldn't. 🙄
    I've obviously shagged you in a previous life or something my wise and mature non-subscribing tight-ass friend
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've obviously shagged you in a previous life my ... tight-ass friend
    Thanks for inadvertently telling us the size of your member...
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 20:20
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    maybe the longer a member has been here then the more messages they are able to send?

so for the first year its a limit of 10 a day
    2nd year 20
    3rd year 30

and so on

is this a feasible idea? it rewards those that are still around on the site but also still has an added bonus if they are able to subscribe.
    still think this idea might be feasible 🙂
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 20:24
    Originally posted by daniel58
    1. Maybe not limit the messages at all.
    2. if you want to talk go on the forums or blitz, (or no limit on receiving messages)
    3. if someone messages you and you can't reply ask either ask for their e-mail address later or ask them to put it on their profile or we can have a thread where everyone puts their e-mail address.
    4. non-subscriber's are not scum!
    in response to number 1 - its one of the features to encourage people to subscribe so not feasible (although a scale might solve that one)

in response to number 2 - i agree, valid point

in response to number 3 you can do in game messaging as well but i wouldn't ever put my email on my profile because anyone would be able to see it (and i have the same reservations about the email thread in the forums)

Number 4 - some people call them scum but not me because in my experience there are a few of the non-subs who know a lot more about rhp than the subscribers (looks directly at Dr Strangelove 🙂)
  9. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 05:28
    Originally posted by daniel58
    2nd I do read other things beside the Bible
    Books full of hymns don't count.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 12:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:30
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    in response to number 1 - its one of the features to encourage people to subscribe so not feasible (although a scale might solve that one)

in response to number 2 - i agree, valid point

in response to number 3 you can do in game messaging as well but i wouldn't ever put my email on my profile because anyone would be able to see it (and i have th ...[text shortened]... n-subs who know a lot more about rhp than the subscribers (looks directly at Dr Strangelove 🙂)
    Re: point 2

Forums are not to be used as your private message system.

P-
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 09:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Re: point 2

Forums are not to be used as your private message system.

P-
    i thought he meant grouped convo or just talking to anyone not private messaging

my bad 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree