Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    27 Feb '06 09:15
    I think the details of when the game was created should be part of the game status box, on the board page.

    Then all the infomation in the INFO tab on the my games page would be encompassed on the board page.

    This would render the INFO tab obsolete.
  2. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    27 Feb '06 11:26
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I think the details of when the game was created should be part of the game status box, on the board page.

    Then all the infomation in the INFO tab on the my games page would be encompassed on the board page.

    This would render the INFO tab obsolete.
    Yes, I can see how the information would be handy there too. But still the information tab is very handy where it is now for fast reference without having to load each page to see the status of each game. The info tab does more than just tell you when the game was created it gives you a quick way to scan your games and let you quickly decide which game is more critical to your time out statius. I am not sure that the board page needs to be any heavier with script than it already is. Not saying your idea stinks, just expressing some of my thoughts.
  3. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    27 Feb '06 14:32
    I'd like to see the game info as part of the email telling me that I've been challenged. Recently, I've been receiving a spate of uninvited challenges at time controls I'd never accept.
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    27 Feb '06 14:44
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I'd like to see the game info as part of the email telling me that I've been challenged. Recently, I've been receiving a spate of uninvited challenges at time controls I'd never accept.
    You can set the minimum timeout but not maximum, for some reason.

    D
  5. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    27 Feb '06 14:53
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You can set the minimum timeout but not maximum, for some reason.

    D
    Even though I play most games fast, I'm not interested in one day timeout games. However, a one day with a decent timebank might be acceptable. I played a fun 1/7 with RahimK, a time control that I would normally reject, but the challenge came with a friendly PM, and I knew the conversations would be interesting. I play mostly 3/7, but a 1/21 would seem about the same.

    All this is to say that setting the minimum doesn't fully resolve the issue.