Game History idea

Game History idea

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Thames Valley

Moves
10 Apr 05

This is my first post! I would like to begin my saying how much I have enjoyed this site. I haven't played as much Chess with so many different opponents in the past 30 years as I have played in one week with RedHotPawn. The best thing is having so many different opponents to choose from.

One suggestion I would like to make for the highly useful Game History analysis feature is the ability to save a position. Clicking the rightmost arrow presents the player with the latest game position. One of my current games involves an interesting scenario where I need to go about 4-5 moves ahead. I studied the situation for about 1½ hours last night, before making my move! I explored many scenarios, and used the Game History board as a scratch pad - something the grand masters can do in their heads! But when I wanted to backspace a move at a time, I could not. I had to recall the latest state of the game, and then apply 3-4 moves to get back to the critical point which denotes the "crossroads" of the game.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
10 Apr 05

Originally posted by UncleBucket
One suggestion I would like to make for the highly useful Game History analysis feature is the ability to save a position. Clicking the rightmost arrow presents the player with the latest game position. One of my current games involves an interesting scenario where I need to go about 4-5 moves ahead. I studied the situation for about 1½ hours last night, ...[text shortened]... apply 3-4 moves to get back to the critical point which denotes the "crossroads" of the game.
That is being developed at the moment. (Well the same thing within Analyse Board is anyway, probably in Game history as well.)

As for your problem, if you use software like chesspad to import your game's pgn into, you can use that to analyse your games, as it remembers moves.

D