1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 06:11
    Does this site have a "Game of the Month" contest ? That would be an exciting addition ... anyone could submit one game to a panel of judges who independently score the games for originality, and a host of other traits. The Judges would all be volunteers who the webmaster would appoint. To get things rolling, I'd be willing to be part of the first panel of judges, since I've adjudicated games before.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 00:01
    Originally posted by woadman
    Does this site have a "Game of the Month" contest ? That would be an exciting addition ... anyone could submit one game to a panel of judges who independently score the games for originality, and a host of other traits. The Judges would all be volunteers who the webmaster would appoint. To get things rolling, I'd be willing to be part of the first panel of judges, since I've adjudicated games before.
    I think there are just WAY too many games played here for this to be practical.

And I'm even just thinking DAILY, let alone MONTHLY. It's got to be tens of thousands of games.

Even doing it your way, limiting to games that are 'submitted', what happens to all the gems not submitted? You'd probably end up giving up quality in the name of time constraint. Would it really be the 'Game of the Month' at that point, or just 'Best of what got submitted'?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 14:56
    Originally posted by woadman
    We could have a "MY BEST GAME of the X time limit" everyone would know
    that their best game would be looked at if they submitted it by everyone
    who cared, and odds are the game would then get torn apart if it were not
    really a good game by everyone else's standards.

Personally I'd like that feed back too if it were based upon good judges of
    chess games. It would be helpful! Everyone would just know you submit
    your game you run the risk of getting slapped on your back for a good game
    or laughed at for thinking that was a good game for your rating. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree