Game pairs (W+B) as option in open invites

Game pairs (W+B) as option in open invites

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Hi Russ/Chris

Just wondered if you ever considered allowing players to set up two game challenges as an open invite. Call it a one man clan challenge but without the clan..

Would be a nice feature 🙂

RHP Member No.16

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Hi Russ/Chris

Just wondered if you ever considered allowing players to set up two game challenges as an open invite. Call it a one man clan challenge but without the clan..

I agree, this would be a good addition as an option.
I think it has been suggested before by others.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
15 Sep 15

Hi Russ/Chris

I agree.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Sep 15
1 edit

I can provide the option to create two games, but they would not be "grouped" (in the same way a clan challenge is created.) and therefore unconnected.

So they would be listed as two individual games, which would probably lead to one game, not both, being picked in most occasions.

Having said that, if there was a requirement for something which permitted a series of games to be offered as a package (it could even be more than just 2 games), then I am not against that, but it is just not so simple to implement.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Sep 15

When you think about it, once someone picks up your open invite it should be easy enough to start another game with them right away with opposite colors by going to their profile page and sending the second game from there using the 'challenge' feature.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
When you think about it, once someone picks up your open invite it should be easy enough to start another game with them right away with opposite colors by going to their profile page and sending the second game from there using the 'challenge' feature.
...depending of course on their settings...

Mozart

liverpool

Moves
16 Sep 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
Or just send your opponent a PM asking to play a second game as opposite colours. Simple as that.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Sep 15

A new option to create a "white/black" pair has been added, and can be used for challenges as well as open invites.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
21 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Russ
I can provide the option to create two games, but they would not be "grouped" (in the same way a clan challenge is created.) and therefore unconnected.

So they would be listed as two individual games, which would probably lead to one game, not both, being picked in most occasions.

Having said that, if there was a requirement for something which permitted ...[text shortened]... more than just 2 games), then I am not against that, but it is just not so simple to implement.
Why not simply set it as a "Match" option. No games are created until both players are known. Once the match is accepted by someone, two games are created between those two players.

I like the idea of having the option for a higher number of games but i'm not sure how many people will use it. The temptation to play the same line in all games would be a bit weird, especially if a player has a very narrow opening repertoire..

EDIT: Oops, just seen your post. Thanks for that. 😀

EDIT: Oh i see it doesn't force the opponent to play two games, just posts two unconnected games which can be cherry picked (i.e, someone only wanting to play white against you without risking playing black..which was kind of the point of my suggestion).

The whole idea is that each player has exactly 50% chances from the start of the competition, rather than someone just accepting a game as white and ignoring the black game altogether...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Sep 15

The whole idea is that each player has exactly 50% chances from the start of the competition, rather than someone just accepting a game as white and ignoring the black game altogether...
Yes, I understand that, but unfortunately there is no quick fix for this. The update today is a step towards that, hopefully people will do the honourable thing and accept the pair. 🙂