I rec that.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    27 May '06 06:061 edit
    Originally posted by trevor33
    there's no point in them
    i dont mind em, but every time i get one, i have to go back through all the lame cack i write in the forums to find out what i said that inspired. . . .and thats a lot of cack.

do you know how hard it is to get cack out of your fur?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '06 06:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I rec that.
    why?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 May '06 08:59
    why?
    It was intended to be a joke. A contradiction in just a few words. Haha?

I think recommendations is a great idea! I've never seen it in other discussion sites.
    Its a way for Russ et al to sieve out the really good ideas in a glance and skip the rest in order to save some time in reading tons of posts.
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    27 May '06 17:13
    there's no point in them
    Copycat!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '06 06:16
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Copycat!
    shouldn't it be copysheep, cats don't really copy each other - sheep do though.
  8. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    28 May '06 16:27
    there's no point in them
    What are you talking about!? We need some sort of self congradulatory system in place to make us all feel better about ourselves. Some people's entire lives rotate around how many recs they have here at RHP. Losing the priviledge of being an elite here would ruin their world!

Think before you speak!
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 16:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 May '06 18:11
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    This seems like a good place to get free recs, so I just thought I'd write something. (Not that I care about recs πŸ˜‰)
    i cant believe i got a rec for the cack post 😡
  11. The sky
    Moves
    28 May '06 18:54
    there's no point in them
    I disagree. I used to think we should get rid of them, too, but I have changed my opinion because they are useful in some ways:

1. They can help people, especially those who don't visit the forums so often, to find interesting posts (or they will do that again once the list of recommended posts of the week is back).
    2. Especially in the Site Ideas Forum, recs can be used instead of flooding a thread with "I agree", "me too", "me three", "good idea" etc.
    3. That also makes it easier for Russ to see which site ideas are most popular.
    4. I like to get some feedback on my posts. If I think I have a brilliant idea, but I don't get any recs for it, maybe it wasn't so brilliant after all. If I get several recs for a post, it shows that people are interested, so maybe I want to expand on it.

On the downside, there's rec-whoring, people giving recs for personal reasons rather than content, rec competition etc. I believe these problems would mostly disappear if the total rec number of a person wouldn't be shown anywhere.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 19:53
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I disagree. I used to think we should get rid of them, too, but I have changed my opinion because they are useful in some ways:

1. They can help people, especially those who don't visit the forums so often, to find interesting posts (or they will do that again once the list of recommended posts of the week is back).
    2. Especially in the Site Ideas Foru ...[text shortened]... ld mostly disappear if the total rec number of a person wouldn't be shown anywhere.
    I agree, good idea.

Please accept 1 scumbag rec.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    28 May '06 19:56
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I agree, good idea.

Please accept 1 scumbag rec.
    Thanks! Is that a bit like a marshmallow?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '06 09:54
    Originally posted by Draxus
    What are you talking about!? We need some sort of self congradulatory system in place to make us all feel better about ourselves. Some people's entire lives rotate around how many recs they have here at RHP. Losing the priviledge of being an elite here would ruin their world!

Think before you speak!
    your an idiot
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '06 10:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys

2. Especially in the Site Ideas Foru ...[text shortened]... ld mostly disappear if the total rec number of a person wouldn't be shown anywhere.
    i agree with what you say here (thought out and delivered well, not like fish eggs ^ up there) i guess the problem i had with recs is the rec-whoring people, so your idea of not showing the rec count is excellent – in fact someone should start a thread about it. πŸ˜‰

btw, have a useless rec from me - one of very few given out so it should be cherished πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree