1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 15:10
    Now that we want the option to have bigger avatars, along comes a border which makes the actual avatar smaller, and breaks Ouroboros' script.

D
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 19:27
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Now that we want the option to have bigger avatars, along comes a border which makes the actual avatar smaller, and breaks Ouroboros' script.

D
    Which of the scripts does it break - I haven't noticed any breakages?
  3. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 19:56

D
    Oh, I quite like the borders - it makes the avatars look classy. Besides, the extension already has an update and so all is right again. 🙂
  4. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 00:04
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Which of the scripts does it break - I haven't noticed any breakages?
    Now I can't see the flag or rating. I don't know if the border is the cause.
  5. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Now I can't see the flag or rating. I don't know if the border is the cause.
    Ouroboros has already updated the mozilla extension.
    (You need to restart firefox too)
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 12:51
    I wouldn't mind the borders if the avatars were bumped up to say even 60x60 or so.

P-
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 14:09
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    Ouroboros has already updated the mozilla extension.
    (You need to restart firefox too)
    Yeah, it's working now. Looks good. He's the geezer, aint he?
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 16:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I wouldn't mind the borders if the avatars were bumped up to say even 60x60 or so.

P-
    I still want the option to turn OFF avatar viewing, completely.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 16:27
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I still want the option to turn OFF avatar viewing, completely.
    Wouldn't that reduce many users to just a name? I use it to quickly scan for posts I might want to read, or not read.

There is a way to freeze all avatars... so you are not bothered by flashing avatars or unsavory characters on guitar.

With Firefox there is a way to click an image and it gets blocked for good. You could even block the sites those jerks who make a new avatar every 5 days use... photobucket, google... others. 😉

P-
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 16:33
    Wouldn't that reduce many users to just a name? I use it to quickly scan for posts I might want to read, or not read.

There is a way to freeze all avatars... so you are not bothered by flashing avatars or unsavory characters on guitar.

With Firefox there is a way to click an image and it gets blocked for good. You could even block the sites those jerks who make a new avatar every 5 days use... photobucket, google... others. 😉

P-
    Options for avatars.
    None
    50x50
    100x100
    200x200

It's the way to go. Let users set it up as to their personal preferences/internet speed.

D
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 18:34
    Why should I have to jump through any hoops, when I *could* just click a forum setting that would hide them all from me? Why do you want to limit my choices? 🙁

And whats the difference between reducing them to a name or name+avatar. I find the avatars distracting and pointless. If I could reduce you all to just a name, or less even. I would happily do so.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 21:05
    Options for avatars.
    None
    50x50
    100x100
    200x200

It's the way to go. Let users set it up as to their personal preferences/internet speed.

D
    Currently avatars are scaled down from the original source so it doesn't matter if it displays at 50x50 or 200x200, the full image still loads.
    I don't understand why we don't have avatars hosted on RHP itself which means that size and dimension limits can be put in place (no more people uploading 500kB gifs).
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 21:21
    Because the strain (hosting all images and distributing them with each forum page view, legal issues) will be on RHP, not on the shoulders of those want it anyway.
  14. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 21:22
    (The border adds an extra dimension to my squary thingies. It is obstructing the outing of my beautiful masterpiece by entering yet another line...!)
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 23:172 edits
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Because the strain (hosting all images and distributing them with each forum page view, legal issues) will be on RHP, not on the shoulders of those want it anyway.
    "We will be forcing people to upload avatars soon, rather than linking as we do at the moment, which will remove the problem and help out everyone with no free web space"
    -Russ

Thread 64115

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree