Get rid of the avatar borders!

Get rid of the avatar borders!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by tmetzler
Why should I have to jump through any hoops, when I *could* just click a forum setting that would hide them all from me? Why do you want to limit my choices? 🙁

And whats the difference between reducing them to a name or name+avatar. I find the avatars distracting and pointless. If I could reduce you all to just a name, or less even. I would happily do so.
Rag has a good idea with the size thing, or option not to view at all.

I'm better at viewing avatars to find what I want rather than reading names... Unlike Play Boy, which I read for the articles.

P-

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by Aiko
Because the strain (hosting all images and distributing them with each forum page view, legal issues) will be on RHP, not on the shoulders of those want it anyway.
That's a very selfish view to take. If RHP hosts the avatars you don't have issues such as a site prompting password entering (possibly this could be used for phishing, surely some people would be silly enough to enter their RHP info into such a prompt) or the times people have hosted obscene or huge images.

And if you limit the filesize (to say 15kB) how much strain would it really put on the servers?

The Tao Temple

Moves
04 Mar 07

The avatar borders are elegant but I think most users would welcome a bigger size (worth a vote?)
Let's have borders for the flags next please so the flags with a lot of white in them will be clearer.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
04 Mar 07

Oh, thats surprising.

The Tao Temple

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Aiko
Oh, thats surprising.
Prepare to be even more surprised, dear Aiko 😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Mixo
Prepare to be even more surprised, dear Aiko 😉
Spill the beans, Mixo! I don't like 'surprises'.

P-

The Tao Temple

Moves
22 Mar 07

Hope you like the new-look flags! 😀

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Mar 07

Originally posted by Mixo
Hope you like the new-look flags! 😀
I had not noticed, they don't show up in the forums with that border using FireFox and the RHP GreaseMonkey Tools.

It does look nice.

P-