1. Joined
    10 Apr '03
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 03:35
    Can more if not all previously played games be incorporated into a graph?
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 10:43
    Originally posted by Phillidor284
    Can more if not all previously played games be incorporated into a graph?
    as the line for each game cannot be any smaller than a single pixel wide its not really practicle.

imaging the likes of 'helden' (busiest player on this site), his graph would probably contain thousands of games and be at least twice the width of the screen.

add this to the additional pressure put on the server in order to display the extra information (multiplied by the thousands of active users) and the idea is just not practicle.
  3. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 13:09
    I agree with the previous statement, just not practical.

Also players that are still learning and are progressing well might not want to constantly be reminded of their poor skills more than 300 games ago. 300 games is an awful lot and I don't see a reason why it would require more to have an idea of your/someone else's potential.
  4. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 15:36
    Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
    I agree with the previous statement, just not practical.

Also players that are still learning and are progressing well might not want to constantly be reminded of their poor skills more than 300 games ago. 300 games is an awful lot and I don't see a reason why it would require more to have an idea of your/someone else's potential.
    This is on Russ's To Do list.

Check out Thread 49943 about half way down....
  5. The sky
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 15:42
    Also players that are still learning and are progressing well might not want to constantly be reminded of their poor skills more than 300 games ago.
    I would think the opposite would be true - isn't it nice to see that you have made progress? It's worse if you haven't, or if you have even been playing better before.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 23:47
    Originally posted by MCA
    as the line for each game cannot be any smaller than a single pixel wide its not really practicle.

imaging the likes of 'helden' (busiest player on this site), his graph would probably contain thousands of games and be at least twice the width of the screen.

add this to the additional pressure put on the server in order to display the extra information (multiplied by the thousands of active users) and the idea is just not practicle.
    While you make an excellent point, a "paging" feature would handle this problem. ie: "Next 300 games"
  7. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 17:18
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    While you make an excellent point, a "paging" feature would handle this problem. ie: "Next 300 games"
    I'd prefer a scroll bar, but either would be nice...
  8. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 17:34
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    This is on Russ's To Do list.

Check out Thread 49943 about half way down....
    Didn't this already happen? He just enlarged the graph, he didn't expand them.
  9. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 23:05
    Didn't this already happen? He just enlarged the graph, he didn't expand them.
    No, that thread came after the last enhancements to the profile page.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 01:56
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I'd prefer a scroll bar, but either would be nice...
    I would guess RHP will keep the 300 game graph and have a link to the whole graph with a scroll bar. Russ was keen on the idea when I first pointed it out.

P-
  11. Standard memberIcky Ike
    Pro-Complainer
    California
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 07:09
    All of your games are saved by the site unless you delete them. I have individual folders for won, lost and drawn games. I just can't understand what a graph of more than 300 games could really serve, but if enough people would vote for it I don't see a problem with it.

Has anyone thought about being able to switch to a trend line graph possibly with the slope information available at each game, if one were so inclined?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 08:14
    I wonder if (and apologies if this is previously mentioned or discussed) games played as black and games played as white could be slightly different shades? Would be interesting to see a players history and trends with this information incorporated.
  13. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 23:51
    Originally posted by hollow
    I wonder if (and apologies if this is previously mentioned or discussed) games played as black and games played as white could be slightly different shades? Would be interesting to see a players history and trends with this information incorporated.
    Excellent idea.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 00:56
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Excellent idea.
    I'm still waiting for it.

P-
  15. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 12:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm still waiting for it.

P-
    Maybe we should all join hands, wave lighters and sing Kum-bi-yah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree