Graph without timeouts showing.

Graph without timeouts showing.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
10 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
No not joking.
I don't mean [b]instead of
the present graph, just another option to switch between 'graph with' and 'graph without' timeouts included.[/b]
Maybe as an option, but I don't regard timeouts as any lesser victories than regular ones. There are many timeout I claim being a single move away from checkmate or gaining certain advantage. If someone starts a game with me and then ignores it to the point of timeout I consider it a resignation, except of course in cases where someone goes on vacation and explains why and when they'll be back.

DS

Moves
10 Oct 06

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
Maybe as an option, but I don't regard timeouts as any lesser victories than regular ones. There are many timeout I claim being a single move away from checkmate or gaining certain advantage. If someone starts a game with me and then ignores it to the point of timeout I consider it a resignation, except of course in cases where someone goes on vacation and explains why and when they'll be back.
I don't consider a timeout any less of a win - when some people, and it seems fairly common here, leave the site for weeks and have loads of games timed out, it distorts their graphs.
I simply think the idea would be a handy option.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
10 Oct 06

No not joking.
I don't mean [b]instead of
the present graph, just another option to switch between 'graph with' and 'graph without' timeouts included.[/b]
Have you even thought about this?

You're proposing dual ratings, not just dual graphs.

Why would people lose any game by checkmate or resignation. They could just leave lost games to TO and reach the magical 3000 in no time.

Thumbs down.

D

DS

Moves
10 Oct 06
1 edit

What I am talking about is nothing to do with ratings. 😞

All I suggest is the option to 'remove from view' the timed out games.

It would save having to click through numerous games to discover why a sudden drop had occurred in the graph and whether they were ALL timeouts.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
10 Oct 06

It would save having to click through numerous games to discover why a sudden drop had occurred in the graph and whether they were ALL timeouts.
The graph would look crazy.

Would it not be simpler to just see the Game State (checkmate, draw, resignation, TO) when you mouse over a game on the graph, if that is the purpose of your suggestion?

D

DS

Moves
10 Oct 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
The graph would look crazy.

Would it not be simpler to just see the Game State (checkmate, draw, resignation, TO) when you mouse over a game on the graph, if that is the purpose of your suggestion?

D
I've asked about more information to be displayed [when passing over with the mouse] in the past with no success. It would be as good doing it that way - I'd like the opponents name to be displayed above with the rating too.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
10 Oct 06

I've asked about more information to be displayed [when passing over with the mouse] in the past with no success. It would be as good doing it that way - I'd like the opponents name to be displayed above with the rating too.
Might be quicker if you ask ouroboros if it is possible through greasemonkey, but I agree that a bit more information on mouseover would be good.

D