GREAT idea

GREAT idea

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
17 Nov 05

I am sure this has come up before, but here goes again:

Russ, can you please make the forums accessable only to subs.

There are many forums on the internet where people can post for free. They are usually very bad. These forums should be for the RHP (etc) community. Some non-sub posters haven't moved in months or even ever.

Thanks

O
Lucky Patzer

Ohio University

Moves
17 Nov 05

I agree 🙂

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
17 Nov 05

Thank'ee🙂

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by knightwest

There are many forums on the internet where people can post for free. They are usually very bad. These forums should be for the RHP (etc) community. Some non-sub posters haven't moved in months or even ever.

Thanks
And almost as many subs cause problems (ever visited the Debates forums while STANG isn't serving a forum ban?). Stopping non-subs won't stop the pointless and annoying posts only effective moderating can do this. Do your part, alert offending posts.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
17 Nov 05

Thanks
Who says non-paying members aren't part of the community?

What happens if a sub stops moving? Do you want to remove his posting rights too?

This crappy idea keeps coming up over and over again. Why do you people insist on targeting all non-subs just to get rid of a few abusers?

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

This crappy idea keeps coming up over and over again.
I wonder why........

d

Moves
18 Nov 05
2 edits

Thanks
The logic being that if you pay to play chess you are less likely to be an idiot/offensive/boring?

Surely better to just ignore or ban those people who are idiots/offensive/boring, subs or not.

f

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by dottewell
The logic being that if you pay to play chess you are less likely to be an idiot/offensive/boring?

Surely better to just ignore or ban those people who are idiots/offensive/boring, subs or not.
I thought it was the other way around

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by Ravello
I wonder why........
Presumably because subs like to spam.

D

Brisbane, Australia

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
Are you any good?

g

Moves
18 Nov 05

Thanks
RHP is accessible to everyone and the minute one person register they can start posting in the forums. Whether they are subs or non-subs depends on the behavior of the individual and have nothing to do with non-subs causing most of the problems. You just can't stop anyone whether sub or non-sub from posting anything they wish.

g

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
This is exactly the kind of attitude we have here in RHP and this is where non-subs and subs start to battle it out!n I would say both subs and non-subs spam too.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by Ravello
I wonder why........
I'm glad you asked. My theory is that subs do it so that they can get a false feeling of value for their subscription money. Just ignore the fact that some non-subs make positive contributions to the site. Ignore the fact that some subs spam and/or post more drivel than most non-subs. All this for some warm, 'valued customer' feeling.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
18 Nov 05

A big part of the success of this site stems from active forums, and the presence of lots of active non-subs contributes to this activity. Of course, most of the postings are drivel. Limiting posting to subs would not improve the quality in a discernable way.

However, limiting the number of non-sub posts would eliminate most of the spam from the gray face society.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I'm glad you asked. My theory is that subs do it so that they can get a false feeling of value for their subscription money. Just ignore the fact that some non-subs make positive contributions to the site. Ignore the fact that some subs spam and/or post more drivel than most non-subs. All this for some warm, 'valued customer' feeling.
That's right sucker