1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 03:53
    Have the admins posted anything about changing the banded tournement problem?
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 04:23
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Have the admins posted anything about changing the banded tournement problem?
    They are IT people not real chess organizers.
    I have seen no response in over a month to any of these problems from admin.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 05:50
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Look harder.

Thread 53165
  4. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 15:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Look harder.

Thread 53165
    OK, If you look harder i replied in that thread. The admins havnt posted what they are going to do about the problem. Once again you stick your nose in where you dont need to.
  5. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    OK, If you look harder i replied in that thread. The admins havnt posted what they are going to do about the problem. Once again you stick your nose in where you dont need to.
    I'll be surprised if any changes are made before Christmas anyway.

I agree that it'd be nice if they posted SOMETHING! just let us know they haven't met their end under a bus.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 15:44
    I agree with you. They've put together a great site, but don't seem to care about customer communication. It takes very little effort to tell your customers what's going on, but it makes a huge amount of difference.

Imagine you've contacted a call center (heaven forbid!) with a problem regarding your broadband connection, or something like that. You get a technical guy who's really great at your job, he says "Ok, I'll fix that, I'll put you on hold just now". Now, the guy works miracles, absolute genius, but he keeps you on hold for half an hour while fixing the problem. Are you happy after 29 minutes? Nope, you're one very annoyed customer.

Russ and co, please spend 5 minutes per day just to answer a couple of threads here, please.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 18:16
    Originally posted by irax
    Russ and co, please spend 5 minutes per day just to answer a couple of threads here, please.
    Send feedback if you wish to communicate with admin.

D
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 19:55
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes forever for any change to actually happen.
  9. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 20:52
    it's good the changes are considered before being adopted.
    see how ideas about how to tackle this issue have evolved in the forums over the last months?
  10. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 20:58
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes [b]forever for any change to actually happen.[/b]
    Why do you care? You don't play chess here!
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 22:01
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes [b]forever for any change to actually happen.[/b]
    What do you know?

Have YOU ever actively developed and maintained a game system that is used by thousands of paying customers and thousands of non-paying customers? Do you think you can just hack out changes without thinking of as many possible ramifications first?

The admins have asked for our thoughts on the changes. They must now go through those responses, decide on a plan, design it, then code it, test it in-depth, then finally release it.

That stuff takes time.

One thing RHP is and always has been good about is taking players suggestions and incorporating them into the site. To complain that they take "forever" is amateur thinking.
  12. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 23:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Send feedback if you wish to communicate with admin.

D
    It would be much more efficient for the admins to communicate through the forums a bit more, especially the 'site ideas' forum. If I ask them a question through feedback, and then they answer, only the admins and I know the answer.... but in the forums.....
  13. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 23:56
    It would be much more efficient for the admins to communicate through the forums a bit more, especially the 'site ideas' forum. If I ask them a question through feedback, and then they answer, only the admins and I know the answer.... but in the forums.....
    i agree. a post was started to get opinion. how about feedback to customers to let us know what is under consideration.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 01:12
    But I know Russ actually has a job outside of RHP. So he has to work normally, work on RHP and then spend time trawling through the rubbish that is the forums these days to read your brilliant insights (BTW where are your brilliant insights?)?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 03:49
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    Why do you care? You don't play chess here!
    Why do you think I don't play chess here?

If chess was all that was worth caring about, then the forums wouldn't exist, would they? Forums that have nothing to do with chess, like Spirituality, wouldn't exist, right?

I swear, your handle already sounds like you're talking out your arse, and your posts do little to challenge that assumption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree