Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 10 Oct '06 03:53
    Have the admins posted anything about changing the banded tournement problem?
  2. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    10 Oct '06 04:23
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Have the admins posted anything about changing the banded tournement problem?
    They are IT people not real chess organizers.
    I have seen no response in over a month to any of these problems from admin.
  3. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    10 Oct '06 05:50
    Originally posted by caissad4
    They are IT people not real chess organizers.
    I have seen no response in over a month to any of these problems from admin.
    Look harder.

    Thread 53165
  4. 10 Oct '06 15:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Look harder.

    Thread 53165
    OK, If you look harder i replied in that thread. The admins havnt posted what they are going to do about the problem. Once again you stick your nose in where you dont need to.
  5. 10 Oct '06 15:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    OK, If you look harder i replied in that thread. The admins havnt posted what they are going to do about the problem. Once again you stick your nose in where you dont need to.
    I'll be surprised if any changes are made before Christmas anyway.

    I agree that it'd be nice if they posted SOMETHING! just let us know they haven't met their end under a bus.
  6. 10 Oct '06 15:44
    Originally posted by caissad4
    They are IT people not real chess organizers.
    I have seen no response in over a month to any of these problems from admin.
    I agree with you. They've put together a great site, but don't seem to care about customer communication. It takes very little effort to tell your customers what's going on, but it makes a huge amount of difference.

    Imagine you've contacted a call center (heaven forbid!) with a problem regarding your broadband connection, or something like that. You get a technical guy who's really great at your job, he says "Ok, I'll fix that, I'll put you on hold just now". Now, the guy works miracles, absolute genius, but he keeps you on hold for half an hour while fixing the problem. Are you happy after 29 minutes? Nope, you're one very annoyed customer.

    Russ and co, please spend 5 minutes per day just to answer a couple of threads here, please.
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    10 Oct '06 18:16
    Originally posted by irax
    Russ and co, please spend 5 minutes per day just to answer a couple of threads here, please.
    Send feedback if you wish to communicate with admin.

    D
  8. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    10 Oct '06 19:55
    Originally posted by caissad4
    They are IT people not real chess organizers.
    I have seen no response in over a month to any of these problems from admin.
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes forever for any change to actually happen.
  9. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    10 Oct '06 20:52
    it's good the changes are considered before being adopted.
    see how ideas about how to tackle this issue have evolved in the forums over the last months?
  10. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    10 Oct '06 20:58
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes [b]forever for any change to actually happen.[/b]
    Why do you care? You don't play chess here!
  11. 10 Oct '06 22:01
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's a major problem here. There is always much talk of change, and good ideas are offered, but it takes [b]forever for any change to actually happen.[/b]
    What do you know?

    Have YOU ever actively developed and maintained a game system that is used by thousands of paying customers and thousands of non-paying customers? Do you think you can just hack out changes without thinking of as many possible ramifications first?

    The admins have asked for our thoughts on the changes. They must now go through those responses, decide on a plan, design it, then code it, test it in-depth, then finally release it.

    That stuff takes time.

    One thing RHP is and always has been good about is taking players suggestions and incorporating them into the site. To complain that they take "forever" is amateur thinking.
  12. 10 Oct '06 23:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Send feedback if you wish to communicate with admin.

    D
    It would be much more efficient for the admins to communicate through the forums a bit more, especially the 'site ideas' forum. If I ask them a question through feedback, and then they answer, only the admins and I know the answer.... but in the forums.....
  13. 10 Oct '06 23:56
    Originally posted by irax
    It would be much more efficient for the admins to communicate through the forums a bit more, especially the 'site ideas' forum. If I ask them a question through feedback, and then they answer, only the admins and I know the answer.... but in the forums.....
    i agree. a post was started to get opinion. how about feedback to customers to let us know what is under consideration.
  14. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Oct '06 01:12
    Originally posted by irax
    It would be much more efficient for the admins to communicate through the forums a bit more, especially the 'site ideas' forum. If I ask them a question through feedback, and then they answer, only the admins and I know the answer.... but in the forums.....
    But I know Russ actually has a job outside of RHP. So he has to work normally, work on RHP and then spend time trawling through the rubbish that is the forums these days to read your brilliant insights (BTW where are your brilliant insights?)?
  15. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    11 Oct '06 03:49
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    Why do you care? You don't play chess here!
    Why do you think I don't play chess here?

    If chess was all that was worth caring about, then the forums wouldn't exist, would they? Forums that have nothing to do with chess, like Spirituality, wouldn't exist, right?

    I swear, your handle already sounds like you're talking out your arse, and your posts do little to challenge that assumption.