1. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 06:49
    June 2005 Linux Journal has an article, "Database Replication with Slony-I", on p. 52:

"Whether you need multiple instances of our database for high availability, backup or for a no-downtime migration to a new version, this versatile tool will keep all of them in sync."
  2. Leominster, MA
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 08:05
    Need vs. cost ... RHP uptime is better than 95% with the nightly maintenance . I doubt people aren't subscribing because of the downtime.
  3. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:43
    Russ says he's working on the issue of downtime, so I can live with it even though it also inconveniences me. Downtime for me is sometime between 08:00 and 09:00, just when I'm feeling sharp. If I'm in time into my office, I use Firefox to open multiple tabs on the games I have waiting to play, then work through my moves and make them before uploading them when RHP is back online. Tabs are a nice feature with Firefox, and enable me to go back and double check my moves before posting them.
    Okay, I don't have the benefit of the analyse board, but not ALL games need that.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 05:59
    Originally posted by foil
    Need vs. cost ... RHP uptime is better than 95% with the nightly maintenance . I doubt people aren't subscribing because of the downtime.
    it's free (i guess, LJ gave a whole article to it) ...

downtime is 23:05 here, that's the peak chess hour 🙂 ...
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 08:57
    It's a bloody pain. Not only has RHP downtime ramped out from 12-15 mins to some 40-45 mins, but it is also right on 1800 hrs NZST. That's just about 30 mins into my session and it's hugely annoying.

Sort it Russ.

skeeter
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '05 18:291 edit
    I know the site should have out grown this kind of downtime and it does need addressing. It is a problem that can only get worse with the enormous amount of data we are now accumulating, so yes, the sooner it is addressed, the better.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree