1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 02:18
    I wish there was an easier way to find the rating of your opponent as it was when the game was completed. As it is, you can go back to previous games, but only see your opponents rating at is current value.
  2. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:491 edit
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I wish there was an easier way to find the rating of your opponent as it was when the game was completed. As it is, you can go back to previous games, but only see your opponents rating at is current value.
    good way of putting it. that's what I was also asking with Thread 163946 🙂
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 10:40
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I agree.
    At present the only way to find your opponent's rating as it was at the end of the game, is to first find out when the game ended, and then find it on the ratings graph. Easy enough maybe, but a bit long-winded, particularly if you have a few games ending on the same day.

Much simpler would be to simply click on the game in question, and be able to see both yours and your opponent's rating at the finish of the game (prior to the adjustment following the result.)

I've never understood the logic behind showing both players' current ratings when looking at an old game. Games published on-line or in chess magazines don't do it, they show the ratings at the time the game was played.
    I already know my own current rating, and if I want to know my opponent's current rating all I have to do is click on their profile.
  4. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 16:54
    Originally posted by Tommovich
    I agree.
    At present the only way to find your opponent's rating as it was at the end of the game, is to first find out when the game ended, and then find it on the ratings graph. Easy enough maybe, but a bit long-winded, particularly if you have a few games ending on the same day.

Much simpler would be to simply click on the game in question, and be ab ...[text shortened]... , and if I want to know my opponent's current rating all I have to do is click on their profile.
    exactly what I'm thinking
  5. Upstate NY
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 17:05
    Originally posted by DukeOfEuphony
    good way of putting it. that's what I was also asking with Thread 163946 🙂
    Ditto! Thread 164940 and Thread 112342. 😉

It has bugged me that current ratings rather than the ratings at the time the game ended are provided both in PGNs and when clicking into finished games. In the case of viewing finished games (vs. PGNs), it probably makes sense to display both current ratings and end of game rating for the players. (Need to avoid confusion on which rating is shown.)

As others have said, previously the end-of-game ratings could be extracted (only) from the old ratings graphs by hovering, but that was not a good solution in any event.
  6. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 17:54
    Originally posted by gedwin
    Ditto! Thread 164940 and Thread 112342. 😉

It has bugged me that current ratings rather than the ratings at the time the game ended are provided both in PGNs and when clicking into finished games. In the case of viewing finished games (vs. PGNs), it probably makes sense to display both current ratings and end of game rating f ...[text shortened]... d (only) from the old ratings graphs by hovering, but that was not a good solution in any event.
    that's another good way of putting it 🙂
  7. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 17:581 edit
  8. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '15 22:30
    Agreed, and previously suggested: Thread 162015

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree