1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    29 Jun '12 02:561 edit
    Does anyone care how many thumbs should be able to be given out by a single poster?
    Maybe they should have to make a comment as well after 10 or so thumbs (either way)

    I was just thinking you could go through all these threads and just start thumbing anonymously and possibly develop an agenda without the need for explanation hidden behind the curtain of anonymity.

    This is just of the top of my head and I was wondering if there were any safeguards in place to stop "serial thumbing".

    (Remember you need only be 13 to get on this site, so perhaps .... I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this but maybe there should be something like an exposition of a poster who thumbs too much.
    I am reminded of the numerous thumbs down that Gramps gets on the GF. Sure some of them were mine, but really?!?! He really gets a working over and I for one would love to know who it is)
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6873
    29 Jun '12 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Does anyone care how many thumbs should be able to be given out by a single poster?
    No.

    HTH; HAND; FOAD.

    Richard
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    516240
    29 Jun '12 15:11
    you might look up Thread 147049
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    29 Jun '12 15:59
    I've given 3 thumbs down, I'll have to wait for another post to see if I have any left.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    30 Jun '12 00:02
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    No.

    HTH; HAND; FOAD.

    Richard
    What are those acronyms Richard?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    30 Jun '12 00:04
    Honestly, why did i get 2 thumbs down for my op? Just to piss me off?

    I really cant think of another reason ..
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    30 Jun '12 00:04
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    you might look up Thread 147049
    Thank you
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    30 Jun '12 11:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Honestly, why did i get 2 thumbs down for my op? Just to piss me off?

    I really cant think of another reason ..
    3 now ??

    Piss off whoever you were.

    nah ,i'm just kidding,lets have a beerπŸ˜‰
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    01 Jul '12 04:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    3 now ??

    Piss off whoever you were.

    nah ,i'm just kidding,lets have a beerπŸ˜‰
    C'mon give this a thumbs down too, you gutless loser.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35586
    09 Jul '12 01:511 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Honestly, why did i get 2 thumbs down for my op? Just to piss me off?

    I really cant think of another reason ..
    How about it was a crap idea??

    Don't need to give it a complicated reason when a simple one will do.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    14 Jul '12 04:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How about it was a crap idea??

    Don't need to give it a complicated reason when a simple one will do.
    Yeah , but you know, it's all in the fun this post.

    If I was serious all the time I'd prolly die of an annurism.Lol

    And my sense of humor is definately hit and miss at best.

    But boy do I roll around on the ground laughing at the most basic things .... πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    21 Jul '12 04:06
    What about this: If someone thumbs you down they must also give a reason - anonymous or not? ("disagree" or "I dont like it" would suffice)

    Thumbs up can remain unexplained.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    21 Jul '12 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What about this: If someone thumbs you down they must also give a reason - anonymous or not? ("disagree" or "I dont like it" would suffice)

    Thumbs up can remain unexplained.
    Heh, then there would be further explanations needed, and so on. People aren't going to be content with either 'disagree' or 'I don't like it' - they're going to want specifics. Perhaps each down thumb could have its own forum for arguing over how deserved the thumbs are. πŸ˜›
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91914
    21 Jul '12 23:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Heh, then there would be further explanations needed, and so on. People aren't going to be content with either 'disagree' or 'I don't like it' - they're going to want specifics. Perhaps each down thumb could have its own forum for arguing over how deserved the thumbs are. πŸ˜›
    Perhaps ...

    Negativity, especially when anonymous and sometimes for apparently no good reason, should be frowned upon.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    22 Jul '12 05:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Perhaps ...

    Negativity, especially when anonymous and sometimes for apparently no good reason, should be frowned upon.
    Why?

    So some people didn't agree with the proposal of your OP. Why shouldn't they able to let the community know without risking being drawn into a feud?
Back to Top