1. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    28 May '05 22:36
    This could be an issue with cookies or something, but sometimes when I visit the site, the login name in the corner is someone entirely different (I have that option to remain logged in). In fact, if they have unopen messages, I can go to their inbox (but I can't open their messages).

I've found it's only people from New Zealand that ever pop up in the corner (XanthosNZ did once, Tim Robinson moreso than ever), so perhaps it's only people who use Clear NET as an ISP (do you two use it?), and the cookie mask is too vague.

I would never read someone else's messages, but I tried to only to see if this was a fault in the web site that needed to be reported.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 May '05 07:40
    Originally posted by DreamlaX
    This could be an issue with cookies or something, but sometimes when I visit the site, the login name in the corner is someone entirely different (I have that option to remain logged in). In fact, if they have unopen messages, I can go to their inbox (but I can't open their messages).

I've found it's only people from New Zealand that ever pop up in th ...[text shortened]... ages, but I tried to only to see if this was a fault in the web site that needed to be reported.
    I also have this problem. Some examples:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/XanthosNZ/untitled.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/XanthosNZ/untitled2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/XanthosNZ/untitled3.jpg

Oh and a recent one. Lexo you have messages waiting.
    I didn't know that it happened to other people (when I posted a thread about it quite a while ago I got no reply.). I also hadn't noticed that it was a NZ only problem. You wouldn't happen to be using Paradise for internet would you?
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 09:54
    I had a similar problem when I loaded up RHP using a diallup connection... it had me logged in as someone else (who I do not know at all) who is also from South Africa, every time. Hasn't happened in ages though.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I had a similar problem when I loaded up RHP using a diallup connection... it had me logged in as someone else (who I do not know at all) who is also from South Africa, every time. Hasn't happened in ages though.
    If you ever log in as me, feel free to make some moves.

I could really use the help 😛
  5. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 14:58
    happens to me all the time when I'm at work. The people that come up are the people that I work with that also subscribe to RHP. Ie they are on the same server.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree