Ignore List addition

Ignore List addition

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Russ/Chris

would it be possible to block in-game messages from people who are on your ignore list?

A case has recently been highlighted in the Only Chess forum where a player has bullied an opponent into resigning a position which was at worst a draw.

It only makes sense. Start a game against somebody, they start sending you pap, add them to your ignore list and play out the game in peace.

D
How does someone bully another person into doing ANYTHING on the internet ? I feel pretty safe in my home, behind my keyboard !! Not to make light of the situation, but I can not see how it could be done.

R
The Rams

Moves
12 Jan 07

Russ/Chris

would it be possible to block in-game messages from people who are on your ignore list?

A case has recently been highlighted in the Only Chess forum where a player has bullied an opponent into resigning a position which was at worst a draw.

It only makes sense. Start a game against somebody, they start sending you pap, add them to your ignore list and play out the game in peace.

D
Bullying here?!?

DS

Moves
13 Jan 07

Originally posted by Very Rusty
How does someone bully another person into doing ANYTHING on the internet ? I feel pretty safe in my home, behind my keyboard !! Not to make light of the situation, but I can not see how it could be done.I
There has recently been a case of a paedophile who,after chatting to kids online, threatened to inform their parents of some incriminating piece of information he had obtained from them, unless they performed certain acts on their webcams.
I think that would count as bullying......fortunately he was caught and jailed but I expect there's plenty more of them around the internet.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 07

Moves : 11951
18 Nov '06 12:59 :: 17 recommendations
Russ/Chris

This is what was being discussed about the bullying !!!! There was no mention what so ever about a pedophile lurking in here!!!

E

Swansea

Moves
13 Jan 07

Moves : 11951
18 Nov '06 12:59 :: 17 recommendations
Russ/Chris

This is what w ...[text shortened]... about the bullying !!!! There was no mention what so ever about a pedophile lurking in here!!!
I don't think he meant on this site, just the Internet.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
Yes, he was trying to make to make a point about bullying is all. I think if kids on the internet they should be very closely watched, so those things he mentioned do not occur. Problem is the computer has become a babysitter, in many a family!!

What we had been talking about was someone being able to bully someone into resigning. Personally I couldn't see how that could happen!!

DS

Moves
13 Jan 07

Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
Exactly! 🙄

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Jan 07

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Jan 07

Yes, he was trying to make to make a point about bullying is all. I think if kids on the internet they should be very closely watched, so those things he mentioned do not occur. Problem is the computer has become a babysitter, in many a family!!

What we had been talking about was someone being able to bully someone into resigning. Personally I couldn't see how that could happen!!
Some people don't come here to listen to pap talk/verbals from their opponent.

This particular person just wanted to enjoy a nice game of chess, and decided to resign rather than continue having to put up with his opponent's shyte.

Bullying doesn't have to be physical, nor ultra abusive (3c) in my opinion.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 07

Some people don't come here to listen to pap talk/verbals from their opponent.

This particular person just wanted to enjoy a nice game of chess, and decided to resign rather than continue having to put up with his opponent's shyte.

Bullying doesn't have to be physical, nor ultra abusive (3c) in my opinion.

D
I would much rather get a screen shot of it and send it on to Admin. Then try and beat "this particular person" on the chess board!! I guess we all have our own way of doing things. Be a weird world if we all did the same I suppose !! I just wouldn't give him/her the satisfaction of resigning!

DS

Moves
13 Jan 07

I would much rather get a screen shot of it and send it on to Admin.
No need - I think admins could read your in-game messages if they wanted [prolly only happen if you asked them to though]

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
No need - I think admins could read your in-game messages if they wanted [prolly only happen if you asked them to though]
Oh...I didn't know they could actually do that!! Guess the screen shot would be a waste of time then huh?...I think I would take one just to be on the safe side. These forums are informative!!

D

Moves
28 Jan 07

I agree, there should be an option for players who would just like to play the game and not talk.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by DoctorDara
I agree, there should be an option for players who would just like to play the game and not talk.
It was implemented at the start of the month. See Russ' post on the previous page.

D