1. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:38
    So if you have someone on your ignore list and they message you as part of their resignation move, then the message appears on your home page.

Another reason that ignored people should not be allowed to have games against you. It should not allow them to be selected in clan games, and if you are in a tournament first it should prevent them from getting in (and otherwise). Or the tournament scheduler should make every attempt to prevent a match up with someone who was on your ignore list when the tournament started.

It is total crap that in game messages can still be sent by someone who had previously harassed you on this site.

Yet another reason why I am leaving this site.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:56
    Originally posted by Gastel
    So if you have someone on your ignore list and they message you as part of their resignation move, then the message appears on your home page.

Another reason that ignored people should not be allowed to have games against you. It should not allow them to be selected in clan games, and if you are in a tournament first it should prevent them from getting in ...[text shortened]... who had previously harassed you on this site.

The ignore list prevents players from sending you private messages, messaging you in-game, (with the exception of the final move as that will show on the home page), and from accepting your open invitations.

Clan games and tournament games are completely different. Challenges in tournaments are completely random, there is no "tournament scheduler" so someone on your ignore list can still play you, they just can't message you. If you have a problem with a certain player, ask your clan leader not to pair the two of you together.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:561 edit

Another reason that ignored people should not be allowed to have games against you. It should not allow them to be selected in clan games, and if you are in a tournament first it should prevent them from getting in ...[text shortened]... who had previously harassed you on this site.

Can an opponent who is in your ignore list really send an in-game message to you? I don't think so! At least that what I thought was impossible.

I have had people harassing me via in-game messages, and stopped immediately when I put him on my ignore list. As a punishment I became an item in his ignore list too, so I couldn't send anything to him. Small problem...

This shouldn't be the reason for you to leave RHP.

Edit: If I was paired with one of my ignorees, I would treat this as a game, like any other game. I wouldn't try to communicate with him, Ind i don't have to read his comments. Like any game when we're not communicate.
  5. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 23:57

6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 00:011 edit

7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 00:06
    if you are in a tournament first it should prevent them from getting in (and otherwise).
    LOL, so I join a big tourney, put everyone rated above me on my 'ignore list' and get an easy win?

This is a chess site, first and foremost.
    If you don't like some people here, feel free to leave BEFORE starting threads like this.
  8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 00:35
    Okay Crowley. I guess a site that also supports a forum has no responsibility to its clients with respect to safety,

[sarcasm]
    Good point.
    well made.
    [/sarcasm]
  9. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 00:37
    Originally posted by Crowley
    LOL, so I join a big tourney, put everyone rated above me on my 'ignore list' and get an easy win?

If you don't like some people here, feel free to leave BEFORE starting threads like this.
    Another possible route to solve this problem (and is solved on most other sites this way) is to have active admins who protect those who use the site, instead of just leaving them open for threats.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 05:31
    Another possible route to solve this problem (and is solved on most other sites this way) is to have active admins who protect those who use the site, instead of just leaving them open for threats.
    I sent feedback to the admins when a single player used two accounts to circumvent my ignore list. They promptly banned the 2nd account.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 09:02
    Originally posted by Crowley

Here here.
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 09:07
    Are you accusing me of threatening or having threatened you?

You don't like someone, add them to you ignore list, they can't send you messages except on the last move when they resign.

If the messages received are threatening or abusive report the sender, I am sure admins will remove them.

Toodle pip old chap
  13. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 10:42
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Are you accusing me of threatening or having threatened you?

You don't like someone, add them to you ignore list, they can't send you messages except on the last move when they resign.

If the messages received are threatening or abusive report the sender, I am sure admins will remove them.

Toodle pip old chap
    Holy crapola. I can't believe you. YES. You and Afliez issued a death threat to me in a now deleted thread.

Maybe you were too drunk to remember. But if I were you I'd close my mouth now. You can't even remember your own posts.

Admins did nothing about your garbage for about a week before they removed the thread.

And why is it okay that a resign message can be sent? Your on my ignore list. No private conversation should be allowed. I need third parties to see all of your correspondence to me, because you previously showed yourself to be a dangerous person.
  14. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 12:30
    Holy crapola. I can't believe you. YES. You and Afliez issued a death threat to me in a now deleted thread.

Maybe you were too drunk to remember. But if I were you I'd close my mouth now. You can't even remember your own posts.

Admins did nothing about your garbage for about a week before they removed the thread.

And why is it okay that a resign ...[text shortened]... f your correspondence to me, because you previously showed yourself to be a dangerous person.
    You really are totally off the planet! Death threats??

As for why my "gg" message got through I have no idea take it up with Russ. When I posted the message, and you did play a good game, it showed up, and still does that "Message ignored by Gastel" and according to the Message Log for the game it shows as "This game has no messages."

As for being a dangerous person...... 🙄
  15. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 13:59
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You really are totally off the planet! Death threats??
    ... As for being a dangerous person...... 🙄
    Yes you did issue a death threat to me. And yes that does qualify you as a dangerous person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree