1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 11:05
    I would like to make annotations in the game as it is in progress. One line per move would be great.

One way to do annotation, one line a move, is to do it in the message line. The disadvantage is that your opponent can read it. One have to cipher it in one way or another. Very anoying for both parts.

I would like to do my annotations or other notes (like "Draw offered" and such) on move to move basis.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 13:04
    I have thought this myself and I would love it.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 14:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like to make annotations in the game as it is in progress. One line per move would be great.

One way to do annotation, one line a move, is to do it in the message line. The disadvantage is that your opponent can read it. One have to cipher it in one way or another. Very anoying for both parts.

I would like to do my annotations or other notes (like "Draw offered" and such) on move to move basis.
    Excellent idea!! It's much easier to annotate a game as you play the move, rather than looking back over a completed game. Could really enhance the trade of analysis on this site.

+1 NSMRBT Rec.

D
  4. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 02:44

I extensively annotate each move of my games in a draft email. I just keep the draft open in my gmail inbox and then send it to myself when the game is finished.

:-)
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 07:23

Yes!!
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 08:44
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Excellent idea!! It's much easier to annotate a game as you play the move, rather than looking back over a completed game. Could really enhance the trade of analysis on this site.

+1 NSMRBT Rec.

D
    Rec'ed the post on your behalf. Unfortunately I also agree it is an excellent idea and I cannot give two recs. 😕
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 08:53
    Noted. The annotation upgrade is another bit of unfinished work, so I'll make sure it works as requested when released.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 09:381 edit
    Originally posted by lausey
    Rec'ed the post on your behalf. Unfortunately I also agree it is an excellent idea and I cannot give two recs. 😕
    I hope it was a non-sub-masta-rasta-beta-testa Rec?

; D
  9. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 19:201 edit

+1 NSMRBT Rec.

D
    Rec'd because there is no mention of Firefox or Grease Monkey. 😞
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:13
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    "I'd like to be able to send a letter to my friend in Australia, but I want him to receive it 5 seconds after I send it."

"Use a PC, and send him an email over the internet."

"I've heard very bad things about the internet, so won't use this existing perfect solution to my needs."

D
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 21:251 edit
    "I'd like to be able to send a letter to my friend in Australia, but I want him to receive it 5 seconds after I send it."

"Use a PC, and send him an email over the internet."

"I've heard very bad things about the internet, so won't use this existing perfect solution to my needs."

D
    Mock me if you must my friiend. I am sure it is mostly in fun, and that's what I am about, the lulz.

But seriously, I have heard and SEEN bad things with emails. I mean I would estimate emails spread nearly half of all PC viruses. (In my personal experience, The other half coming from images or links)

Sure this doesn't stop me from sending and opening my emails. I mean I have a Vic Commedore 25 hot wired into the web. How much crap do you think I can down load into a cobbled together piece of crap?

So for douchebags like myself, it is nice that this site has built in features, without Greasy assed monkeys and Foxes on Fire running around in my cyber tower thingy.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 00:01
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    If you'd use Firefox, Greasemonkey and the NMoFoGM script, it would have been rec'ed automagically.
  13. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 04:28
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If you'd use Firefox, Greasemonkey and the NMoFoGM script, it would have been rec'ed automagically.
    I still think the combination of Grease and Fire is dangerous. 😳
  14. Joined
    29 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 07:14

I also would like to annotate games as I go. Sometimes it helps me pick up where I was if I'm playing a lot of games, but mostly, it tells me what I was thinking at the time when I finally get around to analyzing it on a computer...

Sickboy
  15. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 05:121 edit
    There is a Greasemonkey script that adds a notebook to RHP. I can't remember where I got the scripts but some are pretty neat. Some are piece count, notebook, rating calculation for w/l/d and rating beside name in forums just to name a few. I honestly don't use the notebook but I have created a text file with a few ideas on it for some games.

EDIT: I tried the notebook out and it seems pretty niffty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree