1. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 02:09
    I think it would be a good idea to include some kind of trial subscription.

Something like 9.99$ for 60 days with an option to upgrade to a normal membership for an additional 30$ for 305 days. It would help lure in people who are on the fence about subscribing (like me) but don't want to automatically commit to a full year. 40$ is a big investment for a student!

(that or add a student discount hehe )
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 05:51
    Yip - I'd go for that... Not sure if the extras are really worth it. Also, lots of free sites out there. I'm here because I like the interface... but lately I'm thinking of moving.

For $10 for 60 days, I'd be able to see if the extras are worth it.

Good idea...

Rec'd
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 06:27
    It's come up many times, recently it was pointed out that when it was available people signed up, joined clans and tournaments, loaded up with 1000 games, then let the subscription lapse without any extension. May be possible to do it on a refund-if-you-don't-use basis, I don't know.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 06:50
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    May be possible to do it on a refund-if-you-don't-use basis, I don't know.
    Good idea.

If they start zillions of games, that's an indication that they really like the site - meaning no refund and hooked for a year!
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 15:48
    Or just put a game maximum if you're only subscribed to the trial. Like 50 or something. Just enough so there's no complete exaggeration.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 17:31
    Originally posted by Maxime Ferlatte
    Or just put a game maximum if you're only subscribed to the trial. Like 50 or something. Just enough so there's no complete exaggeration.
    that's the only way it would work.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 07:04
    Ok fine... I will pay $10 for 30 days with the following restrictions:

+ 2 tournaments (which you can complete, even if the time lapse)
    + Sieges - that looks soooo interesting... (you can keep defending if at the top after 30 days)
    + You get an 8 game limit (the extra two is for tournament and player table play)

At the end of 30 days, you can upgrade to full membership by paying the balance.
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 15:24
    Originally posted by Wumpus
    Ok fine... I will pay $10 for 30 days with the following restrictions:

+ 2 tournaments (which you can complete, even if the time lapse)
    + Sieges - that looks soooo interesting... (you can keep defending if at the top after 30 days)
    + You get an 8 game limit (the extra two is for tournament and player table play)

At the end of 30 days, you can upgrade to full membership by paying the balance.
    I don't think 30 days is enough for CC. I think the tournament limit may be a good idea though. However, an 8 game limit in really not enough either for a paying costumer.
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 09:27
    ...I'd like to evaluate whether I'd like sieges and tournaments. I can not do that without paying the full amount. With an 8 game limit I'd be able to evaluate immediately, while I'm waiting for more slots to become available
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 09:50
    ...I'd like to evaluate whether I'd like sieges and tournaments. I can not do that without paying the full amount. With an 8 game limit I'd be able to evaluate immediately, while I'm waiting for more slots to become available
    you would pay $10 for an extra 2 games? i think you would be the only one... 20 games seems fairer.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 11:32
    No, I'd pay $10 for 30 days for:

+ the right to play sieges.
    + the right to participate in any tournament.
    + extra 2 games... (but make it extra 6 if you like).

My point is that I cannot evaluate sieges and tournaments without paying the full subscription. Being South-African, the rand is very undervalued - so $40 is quite a lot, but I'm willing to pay it if I like the aforementioned activities.
  12. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 20:52
    Maybe +2 games would be fine for you Wumpus, but they would have more buyers making it a bigger number. It would only be to prevent complete exaggeration. Anyways, I don't see how the general idea wouldn't work?

Soo.. yeah.. make it happen 🙂
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 04:55
    No, I'd pay $10 for 30 days for:

+ the right to play sieges.
    + the right to participate in any tournament.
    + extra 2 games... (but make it extra 6 if you like).

My point is that I cannot evaluate sieges and tournaments without paying the full subscription. Being South-African, the rand is very undervalued - so $40 is quite a lot, but I'm willing to pay it if I like the aforementioned activities.
    lets say you're already playing 6 games when you sub, do you think an extra 2 games is enough to work out if you like tournaments ans sieges? i don't think so... an average tourney will give you an extra 6 games on it's own.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 08:48
    *sigh* 🙂
    Okay... an extra n games please 😉
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:25
    The one thing we hope to achieve with our subscription model is simplicity.

One fee, "eat all you can". Very difficult to misunderstand that.

Clearly the 6 game restriction is not really going to work with most of the sub only features here, so it has to be a binary "subscriber/not a subscriber" on deciding which features can be used.

Right now, I'm not convinced complicating things will make a huge difference. (And if hundreds of non-subs post in this thread telling me I'm wrong, then yes, I'll accept I'm wrong.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree