1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 20:38
    Originally posted by TSaffle
    Okay. But... what if this feature was only availible for subs and what if it was only so people could talk one on one, or just in the clan forums? Trev33 has suggested that this would be a spamathon in the general forum - as if it is not already, but I'm just curious about the different ways instant messaging could be used on this site. Perhaps there could b ...[text shortened]... ine happens is not the issue. So why be against a faster option depending on how it is done?
    In principle, I'm fine with an IM option; however, the reality is that we have been waiting a long time for other much simpler site updates.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 15:25
    Originally posted by TSaffle
    Okay. But... what if this feature was only availible for subs and what if it was only so people could talk one on one, or just in the clan forums? Trev33 has suggested that this would be a spamathon in the general forum - as if it is not already, but I'm just curious about the different ways instant messaging could be used on this site. Perhaps there could b ...[text shortened]... ine happens is not the issue. So why be against a faster option depending on how it is done?
    ok i'll lay it out for you. but first

Okay. But... what if this feature was only availible for subs and what if it was only so people could talk one on one, or just in the clan forums?

the same clan forum were the only thread in it that has any action at the moment is one saying it should be scarped, that clan forum? yeah...

only talk one on one? you know if you planned on just talking one on one with someone why not just go to msn or even the chat feature in blitz? i presume you would have to plan who you wanted to talk to... or are you just wanting a random one on one chat generator?

--------------------------------------------

you know what, i was going to continue but what's the point? this will never be implemented. i'm certain of that. btw i'm not scared of change i just know when it's not needed.

can i ask if you actually have used live chat features of other site that also has a normal forum?
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 01:59
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In principle, I'm fine with an IM option; however, the reality is that we have been waiting a long time for other much simpler site updates.
    Yeah I know and I agree with that. Still like to discuss random ideas though.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 02:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    ok i'll lay it out for you. but first

[b]Okay. But... what if this feature was only availible for subs and what if it was only so people could talk one on one, or just in the clan forums?

the same clan forum were the only thread in it that has any action at the moment is one saying it should be scarped, that clan forum? yeah...

only talk one on ...[text shortened]... sk if you actually have used live chat features of other site that also has a normal forum?[/b]
    I don't see any harm in there being a clan forum. If you don't like it you don't have to post there.

If you're for instant messaging in blitz then why not elsewhere on the site? Again - if you don't like it then don't use it. You are right that it will probably never come about - the other things people have been asking for for a while still have not. I think maybe you should consider the possibility that site features you don't personally need are not necessarily not useful, at least for others.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 02:15
    Originally posted by Mariska Angela
    I just believe a chat room in blitz would be nice. With the observe game feature as well. Private game discussions could be done there live instead of going to "Only chess" forum.
    It's just an idea. I do think it could be cool in a private clan forum setting or with another player to analyze games that had been played in the past or possible positions. I suggested this really just as a thought - if it can be used well in blitz when there should really be almost too little time to talk then I'm sure it could be useful elsewhere on the site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree