1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 11:22
    Supposing someone had the patience and skill and diligence to collate some interesting statistics on RHP ....

what would you want to know?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 11:25
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Supposing someone had the patience and skill and diligence to collate some interesting statistics on RHP ....

On RHP or on users or both?

D
  3. Subscriberinvigorateonline
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 11:31

I would like to know how many hours of my life I've wasted staring at the computer screen whilst on rhp!
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 11:462 edits
    i would like a table, with every time limit ever played at rhp down the left side.

i would like to know:
    percentage of games won by timeout when two nonsubscribers played against each other (this can help russ decide on optimal default timelimits for new non-subscribers),
    percentage of games won by timeout when a subscriber played a non subscriber,
    percentage of games won by timeout when played as a clan game,
    percentage of games won by timeout when played as a tournament game,
    percentage of games won by timeout when played as a siege game,
    percentage of games won by timeout when played as a clan league game,

in each case it should be the percentage of FINISHED games.

it would also be interesting to know the total elapsed game time sufficient for 90%, 99% and 100% of the finished games to be finished at each time scenario (especially interesting for tournament games, where the next round is delayed).

i would also like to know how many games are still unfinished, although they have taken more time than that sufficient for 99% of the finished games at that timelimit to have finished.
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 11:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    On RHP or on users or both?

D
    on users called Ragnorak 😉
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 12:19
    on users called Ragnorak 😉
    I'd like to see my w:l:d stats against rating graph.

So, on the x axis, Number of Games. On the y axis 1-1000, 1001-1200, 1201-1400, etc.

Then have 3 different coloured bars per y axis distribution (or other type of graph), 1 for w, 1 for l, 1 for d.

I think that would be an excellent compliment to the existing ratings graph, as it would give an indication of true strength.

D
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 15:44
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I would like to know how many hours of my life I've wasted staring at the computer screen whilst on rhp!
    yep! This would be VERY interesting! 🙂
    th
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 03:50

What time do they shower?
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 20:171 edit
    I'd like to see my w:l:d stats against rating graph.

So, on the x axis, Number of Games. On the y axis 1-1000, 1001-1200, 1201-1400, etc.

Then have 3 different coloured bars per y axis distribution (or other type of graph), 1 for w ...[text shortened]... ngs graph, as it would give an indication of true strength.

D
    I posted this here...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21457&page=1

The w:l:d graph...
    http://www.iol.ie/~shyne/

As I suspected, I'm quite overrated, although the graph isn't scientifically perfect, as it includes unrated games (a number of the 1801-1900 games I resigned without making a move due to time constraints) and also it takes the current rating (some people have left the site, and so the losses against really low rated people) as opposed to the rating at time of game.

BTW: I haven't purposely been bottom feeding, but I guess that all users first couple of hundred would be against lower rated players. Also, games against people rated much lower than u can be completed much faster.

Anybody got suggestions to make it better. Anybody interested in a personalised graph? I may be able to automate the process enough to offer it to people, although, of course it would be better if it (or something similar) was incorporated with the site. If people are interested, and Russ isn't , I'll detail what you need to provide me with.

D
  10. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 20:50
    I posted this here...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21457&page=1

The w:l:d graph...
    http://www.iol.ie/~shyne/

As I suspected, I'm quite overrated, although the graph isn't scientifically perfect, as it includes unrated games (a number of the 1801-1900 games I resigned without making a move due to time constraints) and a ...[text shortened]... If people are interested, and Russ isn't , I'll detail what you need to provide me with.

D
    very nice!!!!
    i want one too 😉

i don't understand why you claim to be overrated at 1806 .... you have a plus score against players in the 1900-2000 range and also in the 2000-2100 range.

11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 20:58
    very nice!!!!
    i want one too 😉

i don't understand why you claim to be overrated at 1806 .... you have a plus score against players in the 1900-2000 range and also in the 2000-2100 range.

Yup, thanks to Dustn for the plus score in the 1900-2000 range.

Either put your performance page online somewhere I can get it, or PM me your email and I'll send u on my email address with some instructions.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree