Initial impressions (mostly positive):
Flight test iPad app for RHP
Test bed is an iPad mini version 10.1.1 running over a local WLAN. I can also try it over a SIM card link, if you wish.
1. Download and installation easy and intuitive.
2. Startup of app and login using existing account easy and successful.
3. Site navigation easy and intuitive according to apple conventions: e.g., swiping to expose or hide menus works as expected.
4. Vertical and horizontal display works as expected.
5. "Player directory" scrolls as expected with finger swipe, but does not scroll if left menu pane is showing. Is this intended?
6. Same applies to "open invites," "ladders," "player tables" and "tournaments": no scrolling when the left menu pane is showing.
7. "My messages" function shows only those I have received, not those I sent.it would be nice to have the "read conversation " feature.
8. "My games " feature does not seem to access games I have archived; it would be nice to be able access them.
9. Very nice navigation in "my games" to scroll thru pending, my move, opponents move, etc. just please add "archived games " to the scrolling menu
10. Setting board appearance and piece style under "preferences" works as expected.
11. "Analyze board" and "conditional moves" features are missing; would be nice to have.
12. "Set piece" new game feature with any initial board position is missing; would be nice to have.
13. "Forums, clans, clubs, leagues" features are missing. I won't complain, but others probably will.
14. iOS 2-finger pinching to magnify or minify text and images does not work. I appreciate that this feature may be independent of your RHP-specific code, but it would be very nice to able to enlarge portions of fine print.
15. "Launch web app" works as expected. I guess if people really want the full "forums, clans, clubs" feature functionality, they can launch the web browser.
16. All in, very good work. Pleasing interface, intuitive navigation. I found no bugs. The app didn't crash or hang.