1. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:14
    Originally posted by Russ
    Do you mean on the app notification, or in the app itself (on the slide out menu)?
    I believe its just a refresh issue.
    I had not opened the app since yesterday. But as I look at the app on my phone (Iphone) There was a red number on the app (215) meaning I had 215 games to move in.
    Logged onto PC first and it was 253 to go.
    However, when i click to go into the app. it refreshes and the red number on the outside changed to 253.
    I checked the slide out menu at it also showed 253. Quickly made 4 moves. slide out menu stayed at 253 until I refreshed it by pulling the screen down.

As I say I am not fussed about this. Just pointing it out.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:441 edit
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:46
    I'm not getting any banner notifications popping up on my screen and every now and then I will have a red number pop on on the app icon showing how many games I have to move in, but most of the time to have open the app and look for myself to see if I have any moves to make.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 19:163 edits
    My comments relate to build 2, going to beta tonight.

Originally posted by pineapple42

1) It maybe i'm just getting old, but the majority of the text is very much on the small side!
    Some text is rather small, specifically when entering a message. One for the future.

2) Ladders page: each time a new ladder is selected, the content is displayed, then overlayed with "ladder loading...", this seems back-to-front
    You are just seeing the old content before it is refreshed. In the case of the ladders, it is highly likely to be the same as the last time you viewed it

3) If you click on the "support" link, the keyboard comes up as normal. on touching the three horizontal line icon, the menu appears, but the keyboard doesn't go away.
    Fixed

4) From a game I can't find "go to next game" option (from the menu "Game Options"😉.
    Buried in Preferences >> "Other options" section >> Next Waiting game

5) from the "game notes pane" tapping the "game message icon" does nothing (whereas tapping the "<" clears the game notes pane). same the other way round.
    Fixed this

6) from "All notifications" there's a pop-up which states "you have no notifications" which vanishes (rather quickly... see note about old age). it might be more helpful leave it on-screen.
    Extended time the message is shown.

7) the rating graph against oneself zooms (I wasn't expecting that 🙂) but it's hard to do without selecting a game! The instant one touches the graph "on-a-game" it's selected, without giving time for a pan/zoom
    A dual fingered press should not select a game, but I agree, a little fiddly

8) [I can't replicated this with a repeatable action] playing about on a player's profile (mine in the test case) the application has quit several times
    Primary crash bugs fixed! If you experience anymore, please let me know

9) from a game, the menu items "Game notes" and "Send Game Message" seem to be duplicated by the icons on the top of the screen.
    As designed
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 19:283 edits
    A new beta will be available shortly (beta 2 / v4.1.1), just going through the process of making it available now.

This will be the last update before next week, and if everyone is moderately happy, this could be a first release candidate.

New things :

- The main views can be used even when the navigation drawer is visible. Mostly useful for iPad users, I suspect.
    - The process for replying to in game messages should be more obvious now. If you are on an iPhone 5 and you are unable to read the incoming message in its entirety, just tap it to expand it.
    - Did I mention the common crash bugs being fixed? Please let me know if you experience a crash.

edit : I'm just waiting for Apple to approve the new build, so this might not be available today.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 21:09
    Thanks, Russ. I await with baited breath. Let us know how to download the latest release.

Cheers,
    moonbus
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 22:07
    Notifications from TestFlight should have arrived on your devices by now.

Just follow the upgrade process.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 06:14
    Originally posted by Russ
    Notifications from TestFlight should have arrived on your devices by now.

Just follow the upgrade process.
    FEEDBACK RHP iOS app v 4.1.1.(2)

1. Download and installation of update 4.1.1(2) easy and intuitive.
    2. Startup of updated app and login using existing account easy and successful.
    3. Site navigation easy and intuitive according to apple conventions: e.g., swiping to expose or hide menus works as expected. As before
    4. Vertical and horizontal display works as expected. As before
    5. "Player directory" scrolls as expected with finger swipe, now does scroll if left menu pane is showing. Issue fixed.
    6. Same applies to "open invites," "ladders," "player tables" and "tournaments": scrolling now functions when the left menu pane is showing. Issue fixed.
    7. "My messages" function shows only those I have received, not those I sent. It would be nice to have the "read conversation " feature. Feature to be added in some future update, we hope.
    8. "My games " feature does not seem to access games I have archived; it would be nice to be able access them. Feature to be added in some future update, we hope.
    9. Very nice navigation in "my games" to scroll thru pending, my move, opponents move, etc. just please add "archived games " to the scrolling menu. Feature to be added in some future update, we hope.
    10. Setting board appearance and piece style under "preferences" works as expected. As before
    11. "Analyze board" and "conditional moves" features are missing; would be nice to have. Feature to be added in some future update, we hope.
    12. "Set piece" new game feature with any initial board position is missing; would be nice to have. Feature to be added in some future update, we hope.
    13. "Forums, clans, clubs, leagues" features are missing. I won't complain, but others probably will. As before
    14. iOS 2-finger pinching to magnify or minify text and images does not work. I appreciate that this feature may be independent of your RHP-specific code, but it would be very nice to able to enlarge portions of fine print. As before
    15. "Launch web app" works as expected. I guess if people really want the full "forums, clans, clubs" feature functionality, they can launch the web browser. As before
    16. All in all, very good update. Several UI issues fixed. I found no bugs. The app didn't crash or hang.
    17. I have not tested the "message reply" issue, which was flakey before.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 08:21
    Got the new update for the app. I'm still not getting any notifications when an opponent makes a move, and I've noticed that on the player profiles you can't see the full text in their profile section. The rating trend graph is super sensitive and will open a past game when you try to use the zoom feature with two fingers.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 10:581 edit
    Ryan, this may simply be a size issue. I am using the iPadmini w 20cm (7" ) diagonal screen and can just barely get the pinch function to work w/o inadvertently activating a game. How big (small) is your iPod screen?
  11. Joined
    23 Jun '16
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 13:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 13:022 edits
    There will be one more beta early next week..an analysis board (sans animation at first) will be added. I'm just not happy releasing without a way to review a game.

Then that will end this phase, and I will be dealing with the clan issues that I'm sure everyone is aware of.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 15:241 edit
    Thanks, Russ.

The clans are restless. But I guess you know that already.
  14. Joined
    23 Jun '16
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 15:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 15:30
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The clans are restless. But I guess you know that already.
    Yes, very much so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree