Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 17 Aug '13 15:45
    Instead of being seemingly random can it be programmed so the next game it jumps to is the game with the fewest time remaining?
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Aug '13 00:32
    Some of us like it the way it is (game which has been waiting longest since opponent's last move), but perhaps we could have a fourth option in the "after move preference" menu. You need to specify which you want - shortest total time remaining, or shortest time excluding timebank. If it goes in that menu, could we ask for both?
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    17 Oct '13 08:46
    I support Kewpies suggestion of expanding the after move options.
  4. 19 Oct '13 07:20
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Instead of being seemingly random can it be programmed so the next game it jumps to is the game with the fewest time remaining?
    The reason it appears random is because it lumps together time remaining with time bank .If you put them together it makes sense .As I have asked for before it should go time remaining:time remaining + time bank:time bank
  5. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    20 Oct '13 13:27
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I support Kewpies suggestion of expanding the after move options.
    Same here...
  6. 28 Oct '13 07:51
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Some of us like it the way it is (game which has been waiting longest since opponent's last move), but perhaps we could have a fourth option in the "after move preference" menu. You need to specify which you want - shortest total time remaining, or shortest time excluding timebank. If it goes in that menu, could we ask for both?
    Any chance of this being implemented ?
  7. 30 Oct '13 18:31
    Originally posted by padger
    Any chance of this being implemented ?
    Not yet, Russ is busy updating Games Explorer...
  8. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    31 Oct '13 09:35
    Originally posted by padger
    Any chance of this being implemented ?
    If you want to know what is in the works you could Support this idea:

    Thread 155265
  9. 01 Nov '13 08:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If you want to know what is in the works you could Support this idea:

    Thread 155265
    Have done
  10. 05 Nov '13 08:00
    Originally posted by ptriple42
    Not yet, Russ is busy updating Games Explorer...
    OK just want to keep this open
  11. 15 Nov '13 08:07
    When can I expect to see my games in the right order ???
  12. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    15 Nov '13 08:59
    One man's "right order" is another's "nonsense sequence". I think the "next waiting game" is the "right order" myself, i.e. the game that's been waiting the longest since my opponent's last move. You might like to consider a more appropriate wording for your personal preference.
  13. 16 Nov '13 07:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    One man's "right order" is another's "nonsense sequence". I think the "next waiting game" is the "right order" myself, i.e. the game that's been waiting the longest since my opponent's last move. You might like to consider a more appropriate wording for your personal preference.
    I would like to see from top to bottom the least amount of time remaining.
    Not like it is at present which is least time remaining plus time bank.
    This gives a list that is all over the place
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    16 Nov '13 16:46
    Originally posted by padger
    I would like to see from top to bottom the least amount of time remaining.
    Not like it is at present which is least time remaining plus time bank.
    This gives a list that is all over the place
    So, what you mean to say is make the list ordered by the user's own preference. In other words, Kewpie's suggestion to have more choices for preference.

    After all, I might not like your preference, and you might not like mine.
  15. 16 Nov '13 17:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, what you mean to say is make the list ordered by the user's own preference. In other words, Kewpie's suggestion to have more choices for preference.

    After all, I might not like your preference, and you might not like mine.
    I have already asked for this