1. Standard memberoilman
    Glory To GOD !
    Jesus Is Lord !!
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 06:55
    What if clans had the ability to post two teams. We have 17 members that would like to play in the leagues and we could put two teams and I think that they would both be competitive !
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 19:431 edit
    Originally posted by oilman
    What if clans had the ability to post two teams. We have 17 members that would like to play in the leagues and we could put two teams and I think that they would both be competitive !
    i personally can't see the problem with that. If the larger clans were split into 2 teams you could have some smaller clans enter the league as they wouldn't feel at a disadvantage. It could make more teams in the league

EDIT - Rec'd
  3. Standard memberMcKnights
    Marshall McKnights
    Florida
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 22:05
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    i personally can't see the problem with that. If the larger clans were split into 2 teams you could have some smaller clans enter the league as they wouldn't feel at a disadvantage. It could make more teams in the league

EDIT - Rec'd
    Rec

This should be done, if there are more members on a team who wish to play league as well then the leader could give everyone a chance to play in league play, without having to sacrifice one member who is better to let someone else play

Please everyone rec this
  4. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '06 22:58
    Rec'd.

Great idea!
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 07:52
    Good idea, makes sense for the bigger clans - what would happen though if two teams from the same clan met, would 'B' team have to bend over and take a hit for the clan?
  6. Standard memberMcKnights
    Marshall McKnights
    Florida
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 08:27
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    Good idea, makes sense for the bigger clans - what would happen though if two teams from the same clan met, would 'B' team have to bend over and take a hit for the clan?
    Personally i dont think that the two teams should be in the same division, by having both teams in one division with that going on will add an advantage to the first team, 54 points without questions or a challenge, so if russ can do this then rule 1 should be that the two teams can not be in the same division
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 09:42
    Originally posted by McKnights
    Personally i dont think that the two teams should be in the same division, by having both teams in one division with that going on will add an advantage to the first team, 54 points without questions or a challenge, so if russ can do this then rule 1 should be that the two teams can not be in the same division
    2 teams in 1 league is a poor idea, due to the question marks over competitiveness between the two teams.

If they can't meet, then you have to change the promotion/relegation system.

Teams can't enter 2 teams in the same division/league of any sport that I know of. Its the way it should be.

D
  8. Standard memberMcKnights
    Marshall McKnights
    Florida
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    2 teams in 1 league is a poor idea, due to the question marks over competitiveness between the two teams.

Teams can't enter 2 teams in the same division/league of any sport that I know of. Its the way it should be.

D
    Olympics - allow two teams, in fact i think its 3 for every sport, though not sure of this

Nascar - has two teams, in fact Roush racing has 5 teams

American sports, there would be two teams but rules on the sport does not allow one person to own two teams

i can see what you are saying but the second team will not have the the higher rating average then the other team would have

and plus Russ could also have rated controled leagues as well, say the highest rating being like 1500 (which should be done with the highest achieved and not the highest in the last 30 days)
  9. Standard memberMcKnights
    Marshall McKnights
    Florida
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 06:53
    bump
  10. London
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 11:47

D
    How long before a big clan with 2-3 teams is accused of Soviet-style collusion?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 11:54
    in a lot of countries they allow football teams to have a b-team but they're not allowed to be in the same division, so even if the b team wins the second division they wouldn't be allowed promotion if the a-team is already in the first. (that happened in spain a few years ago)
  12. Dublin
    Moves
    19 Oct '06 15:161 edit
    Leinster chess leagues allow more than one team from the same club in the same division. I think Rathmines have two teams in this year's Division 1.
  13. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 14:26
    Bump.
  14. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 16:03
    Originally posted by trevor33
    in a lot of countries they allow football teams to have a b-team but they're not allowed to be in the same division, so even if the b team wins the second division they wouldn't be allowed promotion if the a-team is already in the first. (that happened in spain a few years ago)
    On that note. What would happen if the B-Team finished mid table in the second division but the A-Team was relegated from the top division.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 16:45
    Yeah, then you could have an (a) team, and a (b) team....(b) as in 3(b). I think that would benafit everyone involved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree