1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    08 Jan '06 01:05
    ..............because they are useless and clutter the mailbox.
    Also emails of move notification : I know you can turn it off,but still I don't get why there is such feature........I mean,if one wants to see if he has moves to do in his games I guess that he simply goes to the "My games" Rhp page instead of going to his mail box and check if there are move notifications amongst the tons of spam.......
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    08 Jan '06 01:11
    Originally posted by Ravello
    ..............because they are useless and clutter the mailbox.
    Get with the program...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/myhome/myemailsettings.php

    D
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    08 Jan '06 01:17
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Get with the program...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/myhome/myemailsettings.php

    D
    😳😳😳
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    09 Jul '04
    Moves
    198660
    08 Jan '06 01:221 edit
    reminders on the game list page should remain...i always remind
    players..over and over again...i don't believe in taking timeouts...i
    will only take a timeout if the player has made less than 3 moves or
    less..clearly an intent not to play...when i see other players profiles
    they mostly say how quickly they want to take the game if you are
    timing out...i see a player's rating and i deduct 100 points...this person's rating is not wholly based on their ability but partially on default...why do you want a rating based on default ?..it isn't really
    a reflection of yourself...my low 997 points are really my own and not
    someone's inability or desire not to play...a gentlemanly way to play
    chess is to remind those who have not moved until the game is over...
    it doesn't take much and when you see your rating you can say to yourself...well earned because in fact it was..
    😏
  5. Standard memberWibble Wobble
    Action barbie
    Ka-koogy
    Joined
    03 Jan '06
    Moves
    6678
    08 Jan '06 03:34
    Originally posted by Ravello
    amongst the tons of spam.......
    I aint had a spam e mail in years... If you use mozilla, download Thunderbird, it owns Outlook Express like a pancake falling off the Eifil Tower
  6. UK
    Joined
    16 Dec '02
    Moves
    70740
    08 Jan '06 10:19
    Maybe a neat function would be to have one notification until you make another move.

    It's okay to get a notification that someone has moved, but, say with the 2006 tourny, I don't really want hundreds of emails a day saying when everyone moves, even whilst I'm active.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    08 Jan '06 12:31
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Also emails of move notification : I know you can turn it off,but still I don't get why there is such feature........I mean,if one wants to see if he has moves to do in his games I guess that he simply goes to the "My games" Rhp page instead of going to his mail box and check if there are move notifications amongst the tons of spam.......
    I use move notifications linked with an email notifier, so if I'm doing something else on the computer, or even away from the computer (but still in the same room), I'm alerted that a player has moved. I never actually go into the email itself. They have served their purpose by activating the email notifier, so they are deleted at the first opportunity.

    D
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    10 Jan '06 10:51
    Originally posted by Wibble Wobble
    I aint had a spam e mail in years... If you use mozilla, download Thunderbird, it owns Outlook Express like a pancake falling off the Eifil Tower
    Only you can't use Thunderbird to connect directly to http mail servers e.g. hotmail.

    OE allows this.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    10 Jan '06 11:21
    Originally posted by rhb
    Only you can't use Thunderbird to connect directly to http mail servers e.g. hotmail.

    OE allows this.
    Why would you use hotmail? My gmail account forwards all mail to a private email address on my own domain that only close friends have. It basically acts a spam buffer (thanks to gmails filters and my own acting in tandem).
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    10 Jan '06 11:31
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why would you use hotmail? My gmail account forwards all mail to a private email address on my own domain that only close friends have. It basically acts a spam buffer (thanks to gmails filters and my own acting in tandem).
    It is one of four email accounts, including gmail. I like to access them all in one place though. OE allows this.
Back to Top