1. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 23:52
    It seems odd to me that some players leave a clan only to re-join within 6 months ( for whatever reason). I propose that the maximum number of times a player can join a particular clan is twice) This would make it easier to follow who was with X clan this week. I also suggest that the system might have more integrity if all a player's clan games were declared draws if a player left or was booted from a clan.🙄🙄🙄😴
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Jun '10 23:56
    Originally posted by drdon
    It seems odd to me that some players leave a clan only to re-join within 6 months ( for whatever reason). I propose that the maximum number of times a player can join a particular clan is twice) This would make it easier to follow who was with X clan this week. I also suggest that the system might have more integrity if all a player's clan games were declared draws if a player left or was booted from a clan.🙄🙄🙄😴
    Will never happen as some top clans use this method to basically have 30 odd members rotating through as they need more games 🙁
  3. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 01:07
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Will never happen as some top clans use this method to basically have 30 odd members rotating through as they need more games 🙁
    Really?! Then might these not means of slowing these questionable practices. Apart from some top clans not liking the idea very much, are there any other reasons for not doing it?
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 06:41
    Good idea and don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.

As for automatic draws that is unfair on the opponents if they are winning the game.

However the games could be deemed draws unless the opponent wins the game.
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 18:51
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Good idea and don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.

As for automatic draws that is unfair on the opponents if they are winning the game.

However the games could be deemed draws unless the opponent wins the game.
    Good point and makes a lot of sense
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 22:58
    When somebody leaves a clan (or is kicked), you can't let these games be draws.
    Would not be fair if opponent was in winning position.
    Or if draws would give winning points to the clan he/she leaves.
    So I would simply vote for making all remaining games a loss.
    Make these games unrated, because if somebody has a dozen of games vs. a player who leaves a clan, the 'winner' might end up with a lot of rating points (think of TER and possible other rating issues later to be implemented in the clan system).

As for re-joining a clan, I'd be in favour of some time period that you can not re-join, instead of a max. number of times a player can re-join. Although that might also cause some problems if somebody leaves / is kicked by accident..
  7. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 05:19
    Let's make a rule you can only move every other Tuesday unless the moon is full on the 3rd Monday of the month, then you get an extra move on the second Wednesday of the fifth and seventh months of the next year.

We have the rules of chess, that should be enough. This reminds me of a bunch of old women describing their aches and pains trying to outdo each other.

Stop the madness already!!!

my2sons
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:30
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Let's make a rule you can only move every other Tuesday unless the moon is full on the 3rd Monday of the month, then you get an extra move on the second Wednesday of the fifth and seventh months of the next year.

We have the rules of chess, that should be enough. This reminds me of a bunch of old women describing their aches and pains trying to outdo each other.

my2sons
    What has that got to do with the issue in question?

It's nothing to do with the rules of chess! Another smokescreen from the Metallica leader 😲

Surely you don't have a problem addressing the issue? Why on earth would a clan want to continually take one or more members in and out of the clan?
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:37
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    So I would simply vote for making all remaining games a [b]loss
    Make these games unrated, because if somebody has a dozen of games vs. a play ...[text shortened]... n. Although that might also cause some problems if somebody leaves / is kicked by accident..[/b]
    I think the games should be deemed as draws for the purposes of the challenge unless the opponent wins and then they get the win.

I think it is a little difficult to leave a clan by accident, and as for booting a player I can't see how that can be done by accident either. You have to make a conscious effort to boot a player.

Disagree with the time period as someone could leave a clan for say 3 months, with 30 games ongoing, be replaced by someone and then after finishing the 30 games in the 3 months, rejoin.

Maximising the number of joining times, I'd say 2 max, will show more clan loyalty, which is what I thought the clans were all about!
  10. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:50
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    So I would simply vote for making all remaining games a [b]loss
    Make these games unrated, because if somebody has a dozen of games vs. a play ...[text shortened]... n. Although that might also cause some problems if somebody leaves / is kicked by accident..[/b]
    I agree with you (except the bit about being kicked by accident? LOL
  11. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 12:13

my2sons
    All chess competitions have rules pertaining to those competitions.These rules usually extend well beyond the rules of chess.

We should keep competition rules simple . My suggestion was aimed at clans who seek to pervert the competition rules of this site by rotating players. IT'S VERY SIMPLE so I'm sure I'm sure you understand this very well. As for your womanly aches and pains.... see a dr.
  12. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 12:21
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    See My2sons comment below. Interesting that he/she jumps in so quickly saying that this suggestion is too complicated.... and with all his apparent experience with oddly rotating players too!
  13. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 14:55
    See My2sons comment below. Interesting that he/she jumps in so quickly saying that this suggestion is too complicated.... and with all his apparent experience with oddly rotating players too!
    My Dad fought in WWII and the Korean wars. You guys sound just like the Gestapo he used to talk about.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 04:391 edit
    My Dad fought in WWII and the Korean wars. You guys sound just like the Gestapo he used to talk about.
    😀

Some of them are just not happy unless they are crying about something!
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 07:04
    Actually I think DrDon's suggestion the best here. Rejoin two times maximum and the discussion about rotating membership will cease.

About the games: any regulation can be perverted in any way, so stay with the one we do have in place, meaning that all games are played out and end as they end.

Deciding if any given game is a winning position will be quite difficult (not for the mate in one two or three positions but for a position after 20 moves which may look balanced to me, but a sure win for a 2000+...)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree