1. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:26
    It would be handy to have a list of things that are beeing added to this site, or are a future improvement. This will stop people to create new threads about stuff that is already beeing worked on. (Also handy to see what is beeing worked on, and what is coming first.)
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 03:53
    I think this idea is at the bottom of the queue
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 19:56
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I think this idea is at the bottom of the queue
    true and has this been mentioned a few times but i think that just goes to prove his point. A list which details "possibles" and "no ways" would stop threads like this from cropping up every few weeks.
  4. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 12:07
    Originally posted by MCA
    true and has this been mentioned a few times but i think that just goes to prove his point. A list which details "possibles" and "no ways" would stop threads like this from cropping up every few weeks.
    Eg:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=25211
  5. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 12:34
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    It would be handy to have a list of things that are beeing added to this site, or are a future improvement. This will stop people to create new threads about stuff that is already beeing worked on. (Also handy to see what is beeing worked on, and what is coming first.)
    Actually I had a couple of thoughts on this topic...

I think Russ has his own priority list of things to do and will ignore everything else. I thought it would be good to have Russ publish what was on HIS to-do list. No deadlines or anything, just a list of the ideas he was going to work on so that people didn't have to keep raising them in the forum.

As you have so correctly pointed out the same ideas keep being re-introduced every couple of weeks. The thread I referred to above shows as an example 2 site ideas which had been re-introduced 5 times each within the space of a couple of weeks. POINTLESS and not a little frustrating. In the end, no new ideas are coming through (valid or otherwise) except perhaps for enhancements to very recently introduced features.

So in the thread:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=25211
    I suggested a "to-do list" as you are suggesting.

I then went further and said via this thread:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=23054

...what about a group of volunteers to actually go through the "site ideas" and those that had merit were actually put into a to-do-list and PRIORITIZE for Russ to consider... or to put to a vote.

no takers.

So until something is done to make site ideas a bit more structured, everyone will continue to repost the same old thoughts and they can talk about it (like I am doing now) until they're blue in the face and it won't make any difference.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 12:26
    maybe that's just the idea about the forum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree