1. Joined
    27 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 08:11
    Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why not bxc5?", that kind of thing, but a message via profile, and unconnected to the game (there is some link I could make, but have no easy way to do so), doesn't cut it.

Plus I think I should not have to open analysis board at all, and certainly not find out my last move. With 40+ games, I feel that I tend to loose what even prompted the move of my opponent. So not only display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
    Kay
  2. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 08:393 edits
    Originally posted by kayhayen
    Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
    Kay
    Misread post, ignore this.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 14:043 edits
    Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
    Kay
    There IS a "message opponent" link on the right hand side of the board. It displays whatever you write in it above the board to your opponent when he looks at your move.
  4. Joined
    27 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 15:50
    Oh my god, do I feel silly now. But you have to admit it was a good idea. :p

Yours,
    Kay
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 16:12
    Oh my god, do I feel silly now. But you have to admit it was a good idea. :p

Yours,
    Kay
    Yes it would've been a great idea. 😵
  6. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 18:12
    Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why ...[text shortened]... display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
    Kay
    I love this idea!!!! More, more more. Keep' em coming. We're bound to be a Class A chess sooner or later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree