1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 03:49
    our top players get first choice of playing for your clan.

we would like to be able to split the team into and up to three levels,
    For example: Chessaroos-1, Chessaroos-2, Chessaroos-3 this way more team members have the opportunity to participate in the league, as it currently stands the lower rated players are squeezed out and they too would like to play in it.

This would bring more League divisions and more interest in the leagues-: and occaisionly you may field 2 teams in one division.

anyone else interest in the idea?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 15:59
    Originally posted by barstudd

For example: Chessaroos-1, Chessaroos-2, Chessaroos-3 this way more team members have the opportunity to participate in the league, as it currently stands the lower rated players are squeezed out and they too would like to ...[text shortened]... es-: and occaisionly you may field 2 teams in one division.

supported
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 17:272 edits

For example: Chessaroos-1, Chessaroos-2, Chessaroos-3 this way more team members have the opportunity to participate in the league, as it currently stands the lower rated players are squeezed out and they too would like to ...[text shortened]... es-: and occaisionly you may field 2 teams in one division.

I kinda like the idea. It would be interesting to see how fair it would be for all clans. But I think it still would promote sandbagging, or at least leave it open for wins. And also what about clans that have mostly 1300 or under rated players??? That seems to throw them out of any fairness for the top two leagues you've suggest here??
  4. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 10:07
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I kinda like the idea. It would be interesting to see how fair it would be for all clans. But I think it still would promote sandbagging, or at least leave it open for wins. And also what about clans that have mostly 1300 or under rated players??? That seems to throw them out of any fairness for the top two leagues you've suggest here??
    the site has so many small clans that really dont participate in the leagues....the leaders of bigger clans attract the players to participate in the leagues...I would like to play in the leagues myself but I dont because we have to many players that are far better players than myself that like to play.

winning even in low rated league is still a great achievement...also a view of the clans leagues honours on the clan home page would be good.
  5. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 10:17
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    most are happy to win a league at the level they play...this would attract alot more low rated teams and divisions.
  6. Brisbane
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 11:35
    I like the idea.

I'm lucky enough to sneak into a league at the moment but form fluctuates and this time next month there may be other players more deserving of a spot.

This solution resolves that and more people interested in playing in a league will get a chance.
  7. Subscriberstephensmith
    Old Man Mar
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 07:15

I agree that it would be great for all our players to participate in the league.
  8. New York
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 14:44
    The what happens then if your "b" team gets promoted & is then playing in the same division as your "a" team? Doesn't sound too fair on the other 8 clans in the division.

The idea does have it's merits though - I do worry about the smaller clans though. Many of their players are those that can't get into bigger clan's league teams. Would the Clan Leagues be better if there were 30 clans or with 10 clans with 3 teams each? I prefer to see whays to get more clans involved as opposed to getting the same clans more heavilly involved.
  9. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 06:202 edits
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni
    The what happens then if your "b" team gets promoted & is then playing in the same division as your "a" team? Doesn't sound too fair on the other 8 clans in the division.

The idea does have it's merits though - I do worry about the smaller clans though. Many of their players are those that can't get into bigger clan's league teams. Would the Clan Leagu ...[text shortened]... to get more clans involved as opposed to getting the same clans more heavilly involved.
    The chances of that actually happening would be rare but it is possible...of course its fair, its fair that all your members get an opportunity to play leagues...in horse racing they do it, more than one horse from the same stable race against one another.

your A-Team should be your teams top 6 players.

its all positive, 20 man clans could play up to 3 teams in the leagues depending on how many members are interested?
    We would have far more league competitions happening...currently as it is the leagues are strong which is good, but The lowest players of the site would have a better opportunity to play in a league at their own playing level.😀
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 20:39
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni

The idea does have it's merits though - I do worry about the smaller clans though. Many of their players are those that can't get into bigger clan's league teams. Would the Clan Leagu ...[text shortened]... to get more clans involved as opposed to getting the same clans more heavilly involved.
    i think they would still play to win against their clan mates (rating points, banter etc. lost of reason to go for the win) but like in spanish football where the real madrid b team won promotion into la liga to play alongside real madrid a few years ago but had to play another season in the second league because of a law stating they wouldn't be promoted while real madrid were in la liga, you could have the same thing here. if a clan’s b team is promoted to play in the same league as there a team the b team plays in a division lower than them.

i like the idea btw, the more teams in the lagues the better.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 14:32
    Originally posted by trev33
    i think they would still play to win against their clan mates (rating points, banter etc. lost of reason to go for the win) but like in spanish football where the real madrid b team won promotion into la liga to play alongside real madrid a few years ago but had to play another season in the second league because of a law stating they wouldn't be promoted whi ...[text shortened]... in a division lower than them.

i like the idea btw, the more teams in the lagues the better.
    To enter two teams from the same clan in the same league would be quite complex, probably prohibitively so, so I would take some convincing that this should happen.

But, a 2nd B-Team league would be preferable (same time controls), with the requirement that a team is playing in the main league before a B-Team can be entered, with no possibility of entering a player in both leauges with the same time controls.

Interested? If so, I can make this happen soon'ish.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 15:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    To enter two teams from the same clan in the same league would be quite complex, probably prohibitively so, so I would take some convincing that this should happen.

But, a 2nd B-Team league would be preferable (same time controls), with the requirement that a team is playing in the main league before a B-Team can be entered, with no possibility of entering a ...[text shortened]... oth leauges with the same time controls.

i can't imagine there being enough interest to form a completely new league...

there's more inportant things to be done than this anyway, top of the list wold be rating floors.
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 23:173 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    i can't imagine there being enough interest to form a completely new league...

there's more inportant things to be done than this anyway, top of the list wold be rating floors.
    yeah...Its mainly the bigger clans that would like to include a second team or even maybe a third team, which may only be a handful of clans?

if Russ when allocating players to play in your B team, the team name is slightly changed to be Called for example Chessaroos-B, isnt that just the same as entering a completely different team?
    Team 1 entered would be called Chessaroos
    Team 2 entered would be called Chessaroos-B, kind of renaming the team in order to fit into the current leagues.
  14. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 00:52

But, a 2nd B-Team league would be preferable (same time controls), with the requirement that a team is playing in the main league before a B-Team can be entered, with no possibility of entering a ...[text shortened]... oth leauges with the same time controls.

watch me pull a convinced russ outa my hat....

I wave my magic wand and presto....
  15. Amsterdam
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 19:13

Russ, I think there has to be made a decision then: either fully concentrate on clan leagues, or concentrate on regular clan play..

If you expand the clan leagues, less people will be able to put up the gameload, so even more inactive clans etc..

Not promoting any side, but just the though that you have to choose for 1 system in case you want to expand any one of them..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree