1. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 02:46
    I had an opponent who travelled for an extensive period of time. He left a message explaining what was going on. Fine. He timed out, but i didn't claim because of his message. He came back, made a move. Now he hasn't moved in a week, with no message. For some reason I can't claim the game now. I don't see any skull and crossbones. What can i do?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by buddy2
    I had an opponent who travelled for an extensive period of time. He left a message explaining what was going on. Fine. He timed out, but i didn't claim because of his message. He came back, made a move. Now he hasn't moved in a week, with no message. For some reason I can't claim the game now. I don't see any skull and crossbones. What can i do?
    What are the timecontrols?

EDIT: If I had to guess I'd say it was Game 1471404 and Game 1471405 against dyl. I also have games in progress against him. Mine are 14/0 and I'll consider taking the timeout once the timeout is exceeded.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Should be in Help.

Thread 35407

D

[EDIT] I dunno?
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 02:562 edits
    The only explanation I can give is about three cases that occurred to me,assuming that you calculated exactly timeout+timebank expiring.
    1)Russ lifted timeouts for a day like he did in the past when there was a large site outage like this morning,but usually there's some notice in the Announcements forum.
    2)the player you're facing is soon to be booted and you will be awarded of victory but without points;it may sound a odd procedure but it happened to a couple of games of mine in the last period.
    3)in tournaments there's a two days grace period added to the normal time controls.

Edit: Dang! Ragnorak gave the right answer,I missed that thread.
  5. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 15:52
    Thanks for info, guys. It must have been the holiday period thing. Dyl is now back and making moves normally so everything's ok.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree