1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 00:21
    Great first effort by Russ, but it can be made better.

1) No need to click back 30 times from the end to the start, we just need a "Go To Start" and "Go To End" buttons. Important.

2) Sometimes, it can be nice to sit back and watch the line unfolding without having to click. Chesspad has an automatic forward function, so you click on it and the software plays through the continuation with a short delay for each move. Not important, just nice.

3) There needs to be a way to store branches. If on move 20, you explore a continuation starting with a3 and go 5 moves deep, and a line with b3 going 5 moves deep: when you review your analysis, you should be able to choose which line to explore. Just a little important, but very nice.

4) The pgn from the current game position to where you are in your calculations should be displayed on the analyse board screen. If I find a nice line, I like to record it. Now, I have to replay over the line and write the annotation myself which is quite slow. I should just be able to copy the pgn which would be on the analyse board screen. Very nice and quite important.

D
  2. Behind you...
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 00:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    1) No need to click back 30 times from the end to the start, we just need a "Go To Start" and "Go To End" buttons. Important.
    You can either click the arrow on the far left to go to the start, or on the far right to go to the end.....
  3. The sky
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 00:56
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    You can either click the arrow on the far left to go to the start, or on the far right to go to the end.....
    I believe Ragnorak is talking about getting to the start or the end of the variation you are trying out, not the actual game. Within the analysis, you have to go back and forward step by step. You can use "reset all" to get back to the end of the game, but then you lose all the analysis.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 06:57
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    Ah, come one! What kind of a donkey do you think I am? 😉

D
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 08:23
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Ah, come one! What kind of a donkey do you think I am? 😉

D
    Not a donkey. Just an ass.

skeeter
  6. Footscrazy
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 09:341 edit
    I just came in here to start a thread to suggest basically point 3. The speculative moves are stored somewhere, so some form of export, for pasting into the user's notes, would be great. I wasn't even thinking of storing branches, the user can use notepad (or textedit or whatever) for that.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 10:25
    Bump!

D
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 15:24
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Not a donkey. Just an ass.

skeeter
    very intelligent comment, thank for that one, skeeter!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree