1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 21:32
    Considering the huge amount of new posts everyday on the spirituality forum, often dealing with heavier issues than say culture, sports or the general forum, does anyone support the notion of starting a separate forum for christians and perhaps another called "philosophy/spirituality" or something like that?

I know on the surface these may seem similar, but I think more posters would be more comfortable sharing their christian ideas on a christian forum , where they can back each other up , and similarly the "new agers" , philosophical types would be more comfortable airing their views without being constantly beaten down by christian posters?

What do you guys think?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 00:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Considering the huge amount of new posts everyday on the spirituality forum, often dealing with heavier issues than say culture, sports or the general forum, does anyone support the notion of starting a separate forum for christians and perhaps another called "philosophy/spirituality" or something like that?

I know on the surface these may seem simil ...[text shortened]... views without being constantly beaten down by christian posters?

What do you guys think?
    I have the 'only' answer...go private...

Club 65
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 03:051 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker

Club 65
    also

Club 191 and Club 107

although neither of these clubs has a forum half as active!
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 20:14

I know on the surface these may seem simil ...[text shortened]... views without being constantly beaten down by christian posters?

What do you guys think?
    So whats stopping Christian posters like me from coming across to your NEW forum and beating down new-agers like you...🙂
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 23:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So whats stopping Christian posters like me from coming across to your NEW forum and beating down new-agers like you...🙂
    Nothing. It might even be a bit more fun
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 23:281 edit

Club 65
    But is that not a bit exclusive? Could we not have 2 public forums?

edit: same answer to Kewpie
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 00:51
    But is that not a bit exclusive? Could we not have 2 public forums?

edit: same answer to Kewpie
    Really, and apart from kewpie response, it'd be like asking admin for two public clans forum, one for the myriad same old, same old idiot comments made there, and then one for 'stuff that matters' 😀 ...just who would 'police' new age from traditionalist Christian views and do you think each could \ should respect the others forum...
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 01:15
    I'd really like to have a place where ideas could be discussed without the "fairytale" people throwing mud over everything, but I can't see it happening. The club forums would be ideal, but it seems to me that most of the "reality" people are more interested in arguing with the other lot than actively discussing the real world.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 01:41
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'd really like to have a place where ideas could be discussed without the "fairytale" people throwing mud over everything, but I can't see it happening. The club forums would be ideal, but it seems to me that most of the "reality" people are more interested in arguing with the other lot than actively discussing the real world.
    You mean you want a private place on a public forum, to discuss your atheist garbage. I see.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 03:15
    You mean you want a private place on a public forum, to discuss your atheist garbage. I see.
    That's the sort of pointless uninformed statement I was talking about.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:32
    I simply didn't believe supposedly 'intelligent professionals' could be so uninformed until I wandered the spiritual forum...I then came to the conclusion that half these guys just troll their usual wares in order to get a 'required' response, and the other half just plain lie about who and what they are actually all about..
    It's simple really as why else would anyone go to the trouble, the 'religiously observant' will go to pains to understand, and even if not fully so, then they'll most certainly respect another's faith and conviction by not mocking them...!??
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 14:262 edits
    Uninformed ? What did I say thats not correct?

Its a public forum.
    You want a private forum to talk without religious people.
    You are an atheist.
    Only a fool says there is no God.

All correct statements and its to the point.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 14:27
    I simply didn't believe supposedly 'intelligent professionals' could be so uninformed until I wandered the spiritual forum...I then came to the conclusion that half these guys just troll their usual wares in order to get a 'required' response, and the other half just plain lie about who and what they are actually all about..
    It's simple really as why el ...[text shortened]... hey'll most certainly respect another's faith and conviction by not mocking them...!??
    Its the atheists who constantly mock the religious.
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 19:101 edit
    Its the atheists who constantly mock the religious.
    But an atheist, by definition, has to be 'religiously informed'..I make the point as the comment wasn't targeting one members convictions over another as both have enough of an 'informed' understanding to appreciate their fundamental differences..
    I merely highlighted the fact that all the griping in spirituality is a primary reason why many here have done little more than wander through it and sadly feel it unwise to make comment..
    Edit:
    I do think there are a couple of excellent Christian forum here, private they may well be but any comments made there are returned without concern that someone will find fault with them, most all comments made, and returned, are by people of a similar vein..whether Catholic or Protestant or or OR 😉
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 22:44
    Uninformed ? What did I say thats not correct?
    ... several things
    Its a public forum.
    ... true
    You want a private forum to talk without religious people.
    ... without proselyters at least
    You are an atheist.
    ... not true, but anyway how would you know? I'm an internet sock-puppet, as are we all.
    Only a fool says there is no God.
    ... that's only your opinion, it's absolutely not a fact, whatever your inclinations may tell you. Only a fool makes "statements of fact" which are not facts, IN MY OPINION (please note my emphasis).
    All correct statements
    ... clearly not
    and its to the point.
    ... Read your statement about "atheist garbage" again. How is that to the point?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree