1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Really, and apart from kewpie response, it'd be like asking admin for two public clans forum, one for the myriad same old, same old idiot comments made there, and then one for 'stuff that matters' 😀 ...just who would 'police' new age from traditionalist Christian views and do you think each could \ should respect the others forum...
    Still, based on sheer numbers that post there everyday I think numerically a new forum is warranted.
    I personally think it would be some kind of "win" for the christians on here. I dont like the idea personally, but from just a numerical standpoint, it is warranted.
    (sorry about repeating myself like that)

Also, I sincerely believe that there are a lot of readers who dont post because of the fear of ridicule. I have myself have held back at times for fear of how my comments may be taken (wrongly) by what I would term as "hicks" or "rednecks". But they are totally entitled to their opinions.
    So there may even be more posters coming forth if there was a separate forum.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I simply didn't believe supposedly 'intelligent professionals' could be so uninformed until I wandered the spiritual forum...I then came to the conclusion that half these guys just troll their usual wares in order to get a 'required' response, and the other half just plain lie about who and what they are actually all about..
    It's simple really as why el hey'll most certainly respect another's faith and conviction by not mocking them...!??
    I find the spirituality forum displays the best and worst posting here on rhp. For that reason alone it makes it my instant fave, not to mention some other reasons.

It's easy to point out the many negative aspects of the spirituality forum, but you simply are not giving a balanced appraisal if you think the sf is just like the way you've made out in your last two posts about it here.

Would you care to make your third appraisal a bit more balanced, or do you insist on distorting the truth publicly ?

edit: i did miss the second last post on the last page, so i will say that the [seemingly] positive comment at the end of that post is a good start . Cheers, Bro
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 23:19
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    [b]Uninformed ? What did I say thats not correct?

... several things
    Its a public forum.
    ... true
    You want a private forum to talk without religious people.
    ... without proselyters at least
    You are an atheist.
    ... not true, but anyway how would you know? I'm an internet sock-puppet, as a ...[text shortened]... .[/b]
    ... Read your statement about "atheist garbage" again. How is that to the point?[/b]
    Yes, and I out of those I would like to mention again the comment "Only a fool says there is no God."
    What a foolish statement that is. Do you wish you could take that back or amend it , Rajk, or do you still stand by that statement , word for word ?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '12 11:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, and I out of those I would like to mention again the comment "Only a fool says there is no God."
    What a foolish statement that is. Do you wish you could take that back or amend it , Rajk, or do you still stand by that statement , word for word ?
    I stand by these words of David.

Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

What do you believe? Do you believe that there is a God?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '12 20:572 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Considering the huge amount of new posts everyday on the spirituality forum, often dealing with heavier issues than say culture, sports or the general forum, does anyone support the notion of starting a separate forum for christians and perhaps another called "philosophy/spirituality" or something like that?

I know on the surface these may seem simil views without being constantly beaten down by christian posters?

What do you guys think?
    Irrespective of what members think of the subject matter, the Spirituallity forum is probably the most active forum on the site. The philosophical threads are rarely hijacked or trolled, but there are very few of them. Most of the 'popular' threads in spirituality are the controversial ones and these are often related to Christianity or a version of that religion. I also dissagree that some members are scared to post in the forum; certain threads can get a few members very heated, but these are usually about very specific topics.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '12 12:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I stand by these words of David.

[b] Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

What do you believe? Do you believe that there is a God?[/b]
    Take it to the Spirituality Forum, spanky.

Richard
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 May '12 01:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I also dissagree that some members are scared to post in the forum; certain threads can get a few members very heated, but these are usually about very specific topics.
    How can you be so sure that some members are not scared to post in the forum?

Have you become a mind reader now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree