New Rating Preview

New Rating Preview

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
12 Apr 06

i think it would be interesting to see what your rating would become if you won a game you are playing. So at the game screen you have your actual rating and a sidebar to the game that would show what the rating would become with the different results of the game. probably requires alot of work, but I think it would be interesting to see
Also, if you are offered a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by PocketKings
i think it would be interesting to see what your rating would become if you won a game you are playing. So at the game screen you have your actual rating and a sidebar to the game that would show what the rating would become with the different results of the game. probably requires alot of work, but I think it would be interesting to see
Also, if you ar ...[text shortened]... d a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted
Get Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/)and the Greasemonkey extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=748). Then install Ouroboros' script (http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js), and you get exactly (nearly) what you want.

D

N

The sky

Moves
12 Apr 06
1 edit

Also, if you ar ...[text shortened]... d a draw i think it would be beneficial to see how your rating would be effected if you accepted
If you use Firefox and Greasemonkey, there's a script by Ouroboros which does that.

Edit: Oops, Regneark's reply was faster and better.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Apr 06
1 edit

I don't use Firefox, but from what I understand there is a script called Ouroboros that can do this for you quite easy.

Oh my...

P-

d

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I don't use Firefox, but from what I understand there is a script called Ouroboros that can do this for you quite easy.

Oh my...

P-
Grease Ouroboros...

Never mind.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Apr 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit

Oh my...

P-
From what I understand, Ouroboros is not a script (but at least you didn't call him a greasemonkey). 😉

Plop!

/dev/null

Moves
14 Apr 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Grease Ouroboros...

Never mind.
I do not know how well you know Ouroboros but to start greasing him up.....that might be a bit too much just to get a script 😉

s

Moves
18 Apr 06

Well, this is not exactly real-time and in the game screen as you seem to want, but perhaps this little tool does meet your need to calculate

http://www.euronet.nl/users/sevenstar/elorating.html

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
22 Apr 06

You can make a pretty good estimate just by experience. Beat an opponent the same ranking as you, you get 16 points. Beat a lower opponent you get less, beat a higher opponent you get more. I can usually work out within about 5 points what the result will be.

It's not precise, but do you really NEED precise?

Digital Alchemist

Moves
17 May 06

Wayne1234 has contributed a patch to:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js

to display the new rating after a win/loss/draw. By default, this is turned off in the script since it makes the display a little crowded. To enable this feature:

1) Install the script.

2) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Manage User Scripts...' and then select 'RHP Ratings Calculator' and press 'Edit'.

3) Search for 'var SHOW_RATING_CHANGE = 0' and change the '0' to a '1'.

4) Exit your editor and it should be enabled.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by ouroboros
Wayne1234 has contributed a patch to:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp.user.js

to display the new rating after a win/loss/draw. By default, this is turned off in the script since it makes the display a little crowded. To enable this feature:

1) Install the script.

2) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Manage User Scripts...' and then select 'RHP Ratin ...[text shortened]... = 0' and change the '0' to a '1'.

4) Exit your editor and it should be enabled.
Doesn't seem to be working for me. At its default, I just get NaN NaN NaN instead of the win/draw/loss rating change.

D

W

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Doesn't seem to be working for me. At its default, I just get NaN NaN NaN instead of the win/draw/loss rating change.

D
It worked before, right?

That part of the code didnt change.

Digital Alchemist

Moves
18 May 06

D
Still works for me.... Pop open the 'JavaScript Console' under the 'Tools' menu and see if there are any errors there.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 May 06

Originally posted by ouroboros
Still works for me.... Pop open the 'JavaScript Console' under the 'Tools' menu and see if there are any errors there.
Not that I can see.

I was chatting with God earlier (Thread 43557), and he started calling me a "heathen biaatch", and then I called him a biatch back, and he told me my language wasn't very christian, and then my computer went doo-whacky.

The forum script doesn't seem to be working, or the My Games script. Also, the formatting of the scripts is all over the place when I try to edit them.

Did I make Baby Jesus cry?

D

Digital Alchemist

Moves
18 May 06

Not that I can see.

I was chatting with God earlier (Thread 43557), and he started calling me a "heathen biaatch", and then I called him a biatch back, and he told me my language wasn't very christian, and then my computer went doo-whacky.

The forum script doesn't seem to be working, or the My Games script. Also, the formatting of the scripts is all over the place when I try to edit them.

Did I make Baby Jesus cry?

D
That's really weird. Especially since I've heard that everytime a user switches to Firefox, an angel gets its wings.

Try uninstalling and re-installing the scripts, one-by-one, and see if that helps.