1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 22:37
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Nice idea Ragnorak.

Here's how I might try implementing it - I'd start by asking what are all the criteria that go into creation of a tournament:
    Number of entrants, time controls, group size, banded or open, pairing style - random or otherwise etc. etc. (I'm sure there is more)
    Each of these criteria needs to be definable (openings are categorised in ...[text shortened]... strating seeing some tournaments that you'd like to enter fill up too quickly.
    Yup, that's pretty much what I was getting at.

I was thinking that the process could be entirely automatic, but having admin monitor demand, and then create the tournaments works as well.

D
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 22:43
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    As I understand it, this is a proposal to generate tournaments according to user requests, which could make the whole tournament business pretty chaotic. Here's an alternative option:

A standardised set of tournaments, both banded and unbanded, and not month-dated (perhaps they could have names such as Kamikaze III for a particular type). All being op ...[text shortened]... ous to the organisers if a smaller/larger group size was necessary.

Anybody's thoughts?
    As I understand it, this is a proposal to generate tournaments according to user requests, which could make the whole tournament business pretty chaotic.

I don't really see the ensuing chaos. Every player just inputs exactly what type of tournament they are interested and when there is enough demand, the tournie is created. Many people will want to play 3/7 banded quartets (for example) so those tournies will be created very often. More obscure tournaments, like a thematic tournament, might need some canvassing in the tournaments forum. This is not necessary however.

A standardised set of tournaments

Sorry, but I don't see how implementing a static set of standardised tournaments on repeat is a better implementation than giving the people exactly what they want, when they want it.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 22:47
    Private tournaments could also be implemented using this idea. A player can create the concept of a tournament, and chose to make it private. He could PM a system generated "Private Tournament ID" to his clan/buddies, and they could all join.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree