1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jan '05 12:14
    There should be a section with recommended books and websites for low level players who want to improve. I keep seeing new players over and over posting "can you recommend books for me to read to improve" and I am tired of posting in these threads.
  2. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    19 Jan '05 13:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I am tired of posting in these threads.
    So don't post in them.

Good idea though.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Jan '05 13:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There should be a section with recommended books and websites for low level players who want to improve. I keep seeing new players over and over posting "can you recommend books for me to read to improve" and I am tired of posting in these threads.
    It wouldn't work because if RHP listed books for new players then it would be as though RHP was endorsing these books... the publishers of the books would make more money, and RHP wouldn't be compensated for the advertising. Chess is big business.

It's best for the site's users to personally endorse the books as has always been done. If a newbie comes along and asks about books just refer him/her to an old thread.
  4. Internet
    Moves
    19 Jan '05 14:04
    Russ could couple the recommendation with a link to the book on amazon and get some money that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree