1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    12 Jun '07 03:52
    I would love the option to have move notifications disabled if you are logged into the site.

    I want to get the move notifications if I'm not logged in, but it gets annoying to delete all the move emails when you've already seen the moves since you were on the site when they happened.

    Just a thought. I'm pretty sure I've seen forums with this ability.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887530
    12 Jun '07 04:33
    Great suggestion! I can't tell you how many times I had this thought. So cool. Please do it!
  3. Kalamazoo, MI
    Joined
    30 Dec '06
    Moves
    1047
    13 Jun '07 02:01
    Create an RHP folder in your mail client and create a filter so that all emails from RHP get shunted to that folder.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    13 Jun '07 02:21
    Originally posted by giantrobot
    Create an RHP folder in your mail client and create a filter so that all emails from RHP get shunted to that folder.
    That doesn't solve the problem my suggestion would solve.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887530
    13 Jun '07 03:38
    Agreed, a special folder doesn't save the "dings" and the incoming messages. This is an EASY enhancement and so not controversial!
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    13 Jun '07 08:15
    Originally posted by coquette
    This is an EASY enhancement and so not controversial!
    Is it? Lets see you write the PHP script to code it into the site then...
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    13 Jun '07 15:54
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I would love the option to have move notifications disabled if you are logged into the site.

    I want to get the move notifications if I'm not logged in, but it gets annoying to delete all the move emails when you've already seen the moves since you were on the site when they happened.

    Just a thought. I'm pretty sure I've seen forums with this ability.
    I'm never logged out of the site, and always want to receive move notifications.

    If you don't want to delete the emails, use a filter as previously suggested to move them into another folder, so they don't clog up your inbox. You should still receive the ding message notification if you have email monitoring set-up.

    D
  8. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    16344
    13 Jun '07 17:54
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I would love the option to have move notifications disabled if you are logged into the site.

    I want to get the move notifications if I'm not logged in, but it gets annoying to delete all the move emails when you've already seen the moves since you were on the site when they happened.

    Just a thought. I'm pretty sure I've seen forums with this ability.
    There's no way of knowing you are currently really logged into a web site except at the exact instant you request a page to be loaded.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    13 Jun '07 18:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I'm never logged out of the site, and always want to receive move notifications.

    If you don't want to delete the emails, use a filter as previously suggested to move them into another folder, so they don't clog up your inbox. You should still receive the ding message notification if you have email monitoring set-up.

    D
    I suggested it as an option - hence you don't have to turn it on 🙂

    The filter option doesn't solve the problem I'm talking about. It actually does nothing to solve it.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    13 Jun '07 18:29
    Originally posted by Wheely
    There's no way of knowing you are currently really logged into a web site except at the exact instant you request a page to be loaded.
    IF it is a technical impossibility, that's one thing and I'm not so sure it isn't.

    Still would be nice 🙂
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    13 Jun '07 19:04
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    IF it is a technical impossibility, that's one thing and I'm not so sure it isn't.

    Still would be nice 🙂
    It is. RHP would be slowed down as it bounces around checking each user to see if they've refreshed a page or made a move in the last few seconds.


    Why not just shut off email reminders when you log in, and turn them back on when you are getting ready to leave? It's a simple click.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/myhome/myemailsettings.php

    P-
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    13 Jun '07 19:10
    It is. RHP would be slowed down as it bounces around checking each user to see if they've refreshed a page or made a move in the last few seconds.

    I don't think that's what they would have to check to find out if a user was logged in.

    Why not just shut off email reminders when you log in, and turn them back on when you are getting ready to leave? It's a simple click.

    You can do it in ONE mouse click from login? I'd like to see that trick.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    13 Jun '07 19:28
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    It is. RHP would be slowed down as it bounces around checking each user to see if they've refreshed a page or made a move in the last few seconds.

    I don't think that's what they would have to check to find out if a user was logged in.

    Why not just shut off email reminders when you log in, and turn them back on when you are getting ready t ...[text shortened]... ple click.

    You can do it in ONE mouse click from login? I'd like to see that trick.
    4 clicks... sorry. Good luck with this idea.

    P-
  14. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    13 Jun '07 22:01
    Originally posted by Wheely
    There's no way of knowing you are currently really logged into a web site except at the exact instant you request a page to be loaded.
    Yes there is. For a start you could just set an inactivity timeout on the login sessions.
  15. Kalamazoo, MI
    Joined
    30 Dec '06
    Moves
    1047
    13 Jun '07 23:13
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Is it? Lets see you write the PHP script to code it into the site then...
    You forget, many people think the internet happens automagically. Anyway, if you use firefox there is ouroboros' script(s):

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=61652


    Assuming he decides to continue them after he returns from vacation:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=70557
Back to Top