1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 02:36
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Though I'm not a victim of this myself at least in recent memory, I do feel it is ludicrous that somebody can go on vacation and be exempt from time out yet still time out there games for wins. Case in point, Game 4827114.
    Nothing personal against TsP, but I feel that is absolutely ridiculous and an abuse of the system.
    I don't care. 😛
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 14:57
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Wow, what a structured response.. 😉

Please tell me how the current vacation settings make any sense!?

Why should you be able to make moves when you're stating to be on vacation.. if you want to continue to move, why putting up that flag then?

Why doesn't the time stop when you put your vacation flag up? Only to return to the game without any tim ...[text shortened]... n that particular set of time... what's the true added value of the current vacation system??
    Well, I was going to go into more details but it is unnecessary. Taking a vacation in RHP is not necessary same thing as taking a real vacation to Bahamas, although it can be. Sometimes you just want to buy time in some games and maybe move in some others. I have explained this before.

Vacation is just an 'immunity' from timeouts as Russ explained, that is all. Talking about this issue is futile and waste of time for me.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 14:061 edit
    Maybe we could agree on the number of days for vacation?

This would be a good topic for a community vote:

10 days
    20 days
    30 days

4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 15:07
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Maybe we could agree on the number of days for vacation?

This would be a good topic for a community vote:

10 days
    20 days
    30 days

How about, say... 36.

P-
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 16:29
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Though I'm not a victim of this myself at least in recent memory, I do feel it is ludicrous that somebody can go on vacation and be exempt from time out yet still time out there games for wins. Case in point, Game 4827114.
    Nothing personal against TsP, but I feel that is absolutely ridiculous and an abuse of the system.
    I am playing a siege game on the orange board and that moron is on vacation; it's been 2 weeks and the whole siege is frozen; I can't even get out of the siege to jump to another one; there should be something I can do right?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    How about, say... 36.

P-
    😀
    😀
    😀 Now that is funny !

But....You know it just might work!
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 12:18
    Originally posted by AcapaYespada
    I am playing a siege game on the orange board and that moron is on vacation; it's been 2 weeks and the whole siege is frozen; I can't even get out of the siege to jump to another one; there should be something I can do right?
    Yes, you can wait.

🙂
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:26
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yes, you can wait.

🙂
    NOT FUNNY
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:43
    NOT FUNNY
    Sure it is. Relax, and wait. I waited 2 years to finally get on a board, you can wait 36 days or however long it takes to get you opponant back.

P-
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:52
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Sure it is. Relax, and wait. I waited 2 years to finally get [b]on a board, you can wait 36 days or however long it takes to get you opponant back.

P-[/b]
    yes I know, the thing that bugs me is that it took me a while to get on board; I am defending it now and that moron wont even start the game
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:56
    yes I know, the thing that bugs me is that it took me a while to get on board; I am defending it now and that moron wont even start the game
    When did they last move? Did they vanish?

P-
  12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 20:361 edit
    In your games I don't see a siege game - this means it has not been started - go to the board and click the "start game" link.
    Either of you can do this - but until you do the game sits in limbo.
    (I think it will eventually auto-start but I can't remember for sure)

[edit: scrub that - I can see the game now - does not show up in the list of games for some reason, but your fella there seems to have left 23 days ago with some 178 games in progress.]
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 00:51
    Originally posted by orangutan
    In your games I don't see a siege game - this means it has not been started - go to the board and click the "start game" link.
    Either of you can do this - but until you do the game sits in limbo.
    (I think it will eventually auto-start but I can't remember for sure)

[edit: scrub that - I can see the game now - does not show up in the list of games for ...[text shortened]... eason, but your fella there seems to have left 23 days ago with some 178 games in progress.]
    what if he died...then I'm stuck forever yikes
  14. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 21:41
    what if he died...then I'm stuck forever yikes
    Send feedback when the vacation time has expired, Russ will be able to provide a skull for you to click (or if you're squeamish, I'm sure he could do it for you).
    You'll have to be patient and wait for the allotted vacation time to run out though before sending feedback as he still able to come back and start this game up properly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree