No time outs while on vacation

No time outs while on vacation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
When I bring up the 'abuse' word, I'm tend to be flamed of people not agreeing with me, so I stay quiet this time.
My opponent "abused" the rules of chess, by castling when I had him mated in one. He should be BANNED!!!

Tell us again, how playing completely within the rules is abuse, Fab?

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 08

I disagree also ! This has been discussed so many times!

RHP Member No.16

Moves
18 Jun 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Both players get their allotment of "vacation". It is up to each player how and when they use it.

You speak about equality in chess. But how is giving your opponent 72 days vacation (their own plus yours) fair? If they have already used their allotment, and you think you may not be able to meet the time controls so use some of yours, how is it fair for your opponent to get more "vacation" time?

D
All I am suggesting is that since you are immune from losing a game on time while on vacation, you should therefore not be allowed to claim a time -out win while you are on vacation. That seems fair to me. It keeps the playing field level.

How does that give you more vacation time? You are allowed a certain number of days, and when they're gone, you don't have any more. Where are you coming up with 72 days of vacation?

(I should point out that I totally agree that it is each player's responsibility to manage their own games so that they cannot be timed out. That is just common sense. That's why I don't believe in sending move reminders.)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 08
2 edits

Originally posted by mwmiller
All I am suggesting is that since you are immune from losing a game on time while on vacation, you should therefore not be allowed to claim a time -out win while you are on vacation. That seems fair to me. It keeps the playing field level.

How does that give you more vacation time? You are allowed a certain number of days, and when they're gone, you d ed out. That is just common sense. That's why I don't believe in sending move reminders.)
IF you can't be timed out while your opponent is on vac, this most certainly gives you more time!!

As has been said, you have to watch your own time, to ensure you don't time out. It is already a given that the person can move on their vacation.

If you are a paying member this is certainly a fair system for all.
I am sure some of the non-subs would probably feel it is not fair.
To them I say, do like I did, spend a few bucks! 😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by mwmiller

How does that give you more vacation time? You are allowed a certain number of days, and when they're gone, you d ...[text shortened]... ed out. That is just common sense. That's why I don't believe in sending move reminders.)
Lets say I start a game with you. I take vacation, and you wait. 36 days later I rise from the dead. You take vacation so I don't move anymore for some stupid reason. You can't time me out, though I've gone past my time.

That's extra vacation for me, and not a level field. You moved when you were supposed to while I was away. I should be responsible for my clock. Everyone wants to slow down games more for some reason, because they take too long.

P-

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Lets say I start a game with you. I take vacation, and you wait. 36 days later I rise from the dead. You take vacation so I don't move anymore for some stupid reason. You can't time me out, though I've gone past my time.

That's extra vacation for me, and not a level field. You moved when you were supposed to while I was away. I should be responsib ...[text shortened]... . Everyone wants to slow down games more for some reason, because they take too long.

P-
What you're describing here is almost surely to be a rare occurrence. What are the odds of this happening. Whats more, you're going right down to the individual game rather than looking at the issue as a whole. The point of vacation is to save your games while you are away and might not be able to move within your alloted time. So here you are exempt from time out, I only feel it is fair your opponent not be on the chopping block as well. I do agree it is still on him/her to manage their games properly and move within their allotted times. The fact still remains, a person is on vacation and exempt from time out. Since nobody has any common f'n courtesy, I say those people shouldn't be able to have their cake and eat it to.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by zakkwylder
What you're describing here is almost surely to be a rare occurrence. What are the odds of this happening. Whats more, you're going right down to the individual game rather than looking at the issue as a whole. The point of vacation is to save your games while you are away and might not be able to move within your alloted time. So here you are exempt from ...[text shortened]... common f'n courtesy, I say those people shouldn't be able to have their cake and eat it to.
Do you go to the bathroom the same time as me? Go to work? What does my vacation have to do with your inability to move on time?

P-

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
19 Jun 08

Do you go to the bathroom the same time as me? Go to work? What does my vacation have to do with your inability to move on time?

P-
I suffer from no such issues my good man. I'm just simply stating that if you're exempt from time out, then don't be such a douche and claim them. Thats awfully hypocritical don't you think?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Jun 08

I suffer from no such issues my good man. I'm just simply stating that if you're exempt from time out, then don't be such a douche and claim them. Thats awfully hypocritical don't you think?
Move on time and they can't, ya know?

P-

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
19 Jun 08

Move on time and they can't, ya know?

P-
Apparently you were bred with a silver spoon up your @$$ where you got to have your cake and eat it to. Time to wake up and smell reality, yes?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Jun 08

Apparently you were bred with a silver spoon up your @$$ where you got to have your cake and eat it to. Time to wake up and smell reality, yes?
Simmer down before I give you some of THIS!

http://worldofwonder.net/image1/PH2005090601940-1.jpg

P-

a
Brian Hugh Warner

On top

Moves
19 Jun 08

Pointless thread. Two different things. As Phlab said, just move on time no matter how my vacation flag is and everything is fine. Simple as that.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
19 Jun 08

Simmer down before I give you some of THIS!

http://worldofwonder.net/image1/PH2005090601940-1.jpg

P-
LoL. I jest Phlab. Regardless, I feel both sides can be argued equally. It is as if this subject is at a stalemate.

DS

Moves
19 Jun 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty

If you are a paying member this is certainly a fair system for all.
I am sure some of the non-subs would probably feel it is not fair.
To them I say, do like I did, spend a few bucks! 😉
It's not a FAIR system - period.

Apart from being crap it is definitely not a fair system - no one can claim that. LMAO.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
It's not a FAIR system - period.

Apart from being crap it is definitely not a fair system - no one can claim that. LMAO.
IT most certainly is a fair system...with or without the Crap! 😛

As long as we agree to disagree, we should not have an ending to something that was never started by either of us.