1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 10:071 edit
    I know I usually write a load of old tosh to get some reaction but I am srious with this one.

How about dropping the 1200 starting points given to new players to 1000? The reason for this is that several players have moaned to me during the course of games that they are losing interest as their rating was 1200, now it's under 1000.

If they started at 1000, then their game wouldn't drop like a stone after 20 games and it would keep them around their level of 1000's plus keep them happy. Their game would then look to improve if they won a few games, and would perhaps, and I say perhaps because I don't have access to the books of this club, but perhaps instead of people getting fed up and leaving , they would be more inclined to stay.πŸ˜€
  2. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 10:08
    Sorry for the 'no title.' It should of read '1000 instead of 1200.'
  3. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 14:37
    Yeah, but think of it from the other end of the spectrum. Imagine being a 1600 player, who loses to a provisional 1000, who's really going to be a 2000 player. They only lose half of the points they normally would, but it's still bad, and worse because it's 1000 instead of 1200. Since the average rating is close to 1200, it makes sense to let it be the starting one.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 15:22
    Originally posted by ark13
    Yeah, but think of it from the other end of the spectrum. Imagine being a 1600 player, who loses to a provisional 1000, who's really going to be a 2000 player. They only lose half of the points they normally would, but it's still bad, and worse because it's 1000 instead of 1200. Since the average rating is close to 1200, it makes sense to let it be the starting one.
    It's already hard enough for a newb to get a game... 1000 rating would make it that much harder.

P-
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 15:28
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    I know I usually write a load of old tosh to get some reaction but I am srious with this one.

How about dropping the 1200 starting points given to new players to 1000? The reason for this is that several players have moaned to me during the course of games that they are losing interest as their rating was 1200, now it's under 1000.

If they start ...[text shortened]... ut perhaps instead of people getting fed up and leaving , they would be more inclined to stay.πŸ˜€
    As well as what the others have said, if you lower the starting rating, then over time you'll notice that points have been taken out of the pool, so there'd be a mild rating deflation.

The end longterm result of this would mean that your 1000 buddies would still probably drop a couple of hundred points from their starting rating.

D
  6. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 20:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    As well as what the others have said, if you lower the starting rating, then over time you'll notice that points have been taken out of the pool, so there'd be a mild rating deflation.

The end longterm result of this would mean that your 1000 buddies would still probably drop a couple of hundred points from their starting rating.

D
    Yeah okay, after listening to your arguments against - I agree with you. I've changed my mind by your common sense and logical reasoning.

Still, at least I tried!πŸ™‚
  7. Kamloops BC
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 23:583 edits
    Yet people who are notsubscribers into tournaments, clans and sieqes😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 00:16
    Pay and you will have access to all features,otherwise be happy with what you've got for free.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree