1. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    29 May '05 10:45
    Well, maybe I am dumb but I fairly often write my messages to opponents in my notebook by mistake. I have also, twice, messaged my opponent my next few moves by mistake 🙂

If other people have this problem from time to time, maybe something can be done to separate the two a bit. On the other hand, if it's just me, perhaps surgery might help.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 May '05 11:00
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Well, maybe I am dumb but I fairly often write my messages to opponents in my notebook by mistake. I have also, twice, messaged my opponent my next few moves by mistake 🙂

If other people have this problem from time to time, maybe something can be done to separate the two a bit. On the other hand, if it's just me, perhaps surgery might help.
    I use a piece of paper next to my computer to record game notes and ideas (or analysis so I don't reinvent the wheel).
    Have yet to try to send messages to my opponent by writing them out by hand. Or the other way round.
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    29 May '05 13:27

Do'h..!
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 May '05 18:33

I got this message on black's 18th move in Game 480771

"if his king and queen stay where they are, next move is Nd6. If takes the "sucker capture, I mate on f2."

Obviously, I didn't fall for it.

; D
  5. Berks.
    Moves
    29 May '05 20:21
    He didn't play it either. Must have realised the error.

And thankfully never having used the notes function, I've never been able to do something similar.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    30 May '05 00:32

I always check to make sure it's in the right box before I send it. I can definitely see this happening.

I think it would be funny to send fake notes to your opponent illustrating a complicated, and non-sensical plan. Example: Nh3 then Bxc7 and follow with Ng1 regardless of the move. Mate in 17. They may become intimidated.

Or if you're playing a close friend, to mess with them, you could "accidentally" send a message like this: Man, I knew he was bad, but I didn't think he'd fall for that. Remeber Qe5+ and you win easily.
  7. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    30 May '05 12:56
    Originally posted by ark13
    I always check to make sure it's in the right box before I send it. I can definitely see this happening.

I think it would be funny to send fake notes to your opponent illustrating a complicated, and non-sensical plan. Example: Nh3 then Bxc7 and follow with Ng1 regardless of the move. Mate in 17. They may become intimidated.

Or if you're playing a ...[text shortened]... n, I knew he was bad, but I didn't think he'd fall for that. Remeber Qe5+ and you win easily.
    Now THAT would make it all worthwhile 🙂
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 May '05 16:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I got this message on black's 18th move in Game 480771

"if his king and queen stay where they are, next move is Nd6. If takes the "sucker capture, I mate on f2."

Obviously, I didn't fall for it.

; D
    LMAO. Nice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree