1. Standard memberevi1pau1
    Spawn of Satan
    London
    Joined
    04 Sep '06
    Moves
    22968
    05 Feb '07 12:42
    I would find it really useful to write and save notes on my own turn, but it seems as though you can only save your notes when it is a) your opponents move, or b) at the time that you submit your move.

    Many a time I have found myself opening and saving separate notes in notepad while I'm contemplating my next moves. It'd be nice if the notebook on the site could do that for me! Without forcing me to make my move in order to save my notes.

    Thanks.
    Paul
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    05 Feb '07 12:47
    Originally posted by evi1pau1
    I would find it really useful to write and save notes on my own turn, but it seems as though you can only save your notes when it is a) your opponents move, or b) at the time that you submit your move.

    Many a time I have found myself opening and saving separate notes in notepad while I'm contemplating my next moves. It'd be nice if the notebook on the si ...[text shortened]... do that for me! Without forcing me to make my move in order to save my notes.

    Thanks.
    Paul
    Try to change the Note book and click "Submit Move" without making any move. Then the change in Note Book stays.
  3. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Joined
    23 Dec '05
    Moves
    28199
    05 Feb '07 14:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Try to change the Note book and click "Submit Move" without making any move. Then the change in Note Book stays.
    Beneath the notebook is a link that says Save Notebook Changes. You don't need to submit a move or do anything else. You can write to your notebook no matter whose move it is.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    05 Feb '07 15:50
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Beneath the notebook is a link that says Save Notebook Changes. You don't need to submit a move or do anything else. You can write to your notebook no matter whose move it is.
    Nah, is it you turn you don't have the link there...
  5. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Joined
    23 Dec '05
    Moves
    28199
    05 Feb '07 16:28
    No, I went to games in which it wasn't my turn just to make sure. But it could be one of the firefox extensions made by our friend O.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    05 Feb '07 17:32
    Originally posted by reader1107
    No, I went to games in which it wasn't my turn just to make sure. But it could be one of the firefox extensions made by our friend O.
    I have IE original. No clone, no non-RHP features, just as it is supposed by Russ et al made it to be.
    I have the link only when it's not my turn.
    I don't have the link when it is my turn.
  7. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Joined
    23 Dec '05
    Moves
    28199
    05 Feb '07 17:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I have IE original. No clone, no non-RHP features, just as it is supposed by Russ et al made it to be.
    I have the link only when it's not my turn.
    I don't have the link when it is my turn.
    That would explain the difference, then. I use Firefox, and I think I have nearly everything that ouroboros has created to go with this site.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    05 Feb '07 17:44
    Originally posted by reader1107
    No, I went to games in which it wasn't my turn just to make sure. But it could be one of the firefox extensions made by our friend O.
    If it's your turn, the link isn't there. You need to click Submit Move (without actually moving the piece) to save the notebook.

    D
  9. Standard memberevi1pau1
    Spawn of Satan
    London
    Joined
    04 Sep '06
    Moves
    22968
    11 Feb '07 22:59
    Thanks for the tip guys. I'll give that a try.

    Its not very obvious tho is it!! :0)
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '04
    Moves
    9102
    13 Feb '07 19:26
    I made the mistake of creating a new thread on this topic. Thanks for the tip as well.
Back to Top