Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member evi1pau1
    Spawn of Satan
    05 Feb '07 12:42
    I would find it really useful to write and save notes on my own turn, but it seems as though you can only save your notes when it is a) your opponents move, or b) at the time that you submit your move.

Many a time I have found myself opening and saving separate notes in notepad while I'm contemplating my next moves. It'd be nice if the notebook on the site could do that for me! Without forcing me to make my move in order to save my notes.

Thanks.
    Paul
  2. 05 Feb '07 12:47
    Originally posted by evi1pau1
    I would find it really useful to write and save notes on my own turn, but it seems as though you can only save your notes when it is a) your opponents move, or b) at the time that you submit your move.

Many a time I have found myself opening and saving separate notes in notepad while I'm contemplating my next moves. It'd be nice if the notebook on the si ...[text shortened]... do that for me! Without forcing me to make my move in order to save my notes.

Thanks.
    Paul
    Try to change the Note book and click "Submit Move" without making any move. Then the change in Note Book stays.
  3. Standard member reader1107
    petting the cat
    05 Feb '07 14:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Try to change the Note book and click "Submit Move" without making any move. Then the change in Note Book stays.
    Beneath the notebook is a link that says Save Notebook Changes. You don't need to submit a move or do anything else. You can write to your notebook no matter whose move it is.
  4. 05 Feb '07 15:50
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Beneath the notebook is a link that says Save Notebook Changes. You don't need to submit a move or do anything else. You can write to your notebook no matter whose move it is.
    Nah, is it you turn you don't have the link there...
  5. Standard member reader1107
    petting the cat
    05 Feb '07 16:28
    No, I went to games in which it wasn't my turn just to make sure. But it could be one of the firefox extensions made by our friend O.
  6. 05 Feb '07 17:32
    No, I went to games in which it wasn't my turn just to make sure. But it could be one of the firefox extensions made by our friend O.
    I have IE original. No clone, no non-RHP features, just as it is supposed by Russ et al made it to be.
    I have the link only when it's not my turn.
    I don't have the link when it is my turn.
  7. Standard member reader1107
    petting the cat
    05 Feb '07 17:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I have IE original. No clone, no non-RHP features, just as it is supposed by Russ et al made it to be.
    I have the link only when it's not my turn.
    I don't have the link when it is my turn.
    That would explain the difference, then. I use Firefox, and I think I have nearly everything that ouroboros has created to go with this site.
  8. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    05 Feb '07 17:44
    If it's your turn, the link isn't there. You need to click Submit Move (without actually moving the piece) to save the notebook.

D
  9. Standard member evi1pau1
    Spawn of Satan
    11 Feb '07 22:59
    Thanks for the tip guys. I'll give that a try.

Its not very obvious tho is it!! :0)
  10. 13 Feb '07 19:26
    I made the mistake of creating a new thread on this topic. Thanks for the tip as well.