1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    03 Mar '06 23:47
    I'd like to be able to receive notification via PM of new tournies that fit certain criteria, e.g. banded, group size =< 4.

    Tournies fill so quickly, it is not always possible to see them before they are fully subscribed (esp as a mid-range player) so this would be useful.

    I'd also like to see more banded duels in general, as these don't swamp the game load too much. Any group size over 4 is out of the question for me these days - I'm sure many other players feel the same - taking on an additional 10-14 games at one go can almost double the game load.

    Andy
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    04 Mar '06 00:07
    Originally posted by rhb
    I'd like to be able to receive notification via PM of new tournies that fit certain criteria, e.g. banded, group size =< 4.

    Tournies fill so quickly, it is not always possible to see them before they are fully subscribed (esp as a mid-range player) so this would be useful.

    I'd also like to see more banded duels in general, as these don't swamp the game loa ...[text shortened]... ame - taking on an additional 10-14 games at one go can almost double the game load.

    Andy
    From: Thread 32271

    The system can't handle loads of pms at once.

    I have suggested a few times an optional news ticker on the My Games page, which could be customised as to what it contains on an individual basis. The only info that I feel (at the moment) should be broadcast on the news ticker are site announcements, opening of consultation votes, certain tournament info and possibly that it is your turn in a siege.

    Two things that should be compulsory would be new Site Announcements and Opening of Consultation Votes.

    Then, after that, each user could customise what they wished to see with regards to tournaments. I'd probably set it up so that it announced the creation of any banded tournament that I am eligible for, and longer time control tournaments. It could be quite easy to customise with tick boxes for tournament type (Banded, Free for All, etc) and timeout (0, 3, 7, etc) and timebank (3, 7, etc)

    The system wouldn't have to send thousands of pms either. And the consultation votes would give a better representation of how the entire site feels.

    D
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    04 Mar '06 00:43
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    From: Thread 32271

    The system can't handle loads of pms at once.

    I have suggested a few times an optional news ticker on the My Games page, which could be customised as to what it contains on an individual basis. The only info that I feel (at the moment) should be broadcast on the news ticker are site announcements, opening of consultati ...[text shortened]... the consultation votes would give a better representation of how the entire site feels.

    D
    All makes sense.

    cheers

    Andy
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17038
    06 Mar '06 01:24
    Originally posted by rhb
    I'd like to be able to receive notification via PM of new tournies that fit certain criteria, e.g. banded, group size =< 4.

    Tournies fill so quickly, it is not always possible to see them before they are fully subscribed (esp as a mid-range player) so this would be useful.

    I'd also like to see more banded duels in general, as these don't swamp the game loa ...[text shortened]... ame - taking on an additional 10-14 games at one go can almost double the game load.

    Andy
    Tournies would even fill faster if people was notified of them
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    06 Mar '06 09:36
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Tournies would even fill faster if people was notified of them
    And that is a problem, because?

    D
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17038
    14 Mar '06 00:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    And that is a problem, because?

    D
    I didnt say it was a problem. rhb was saying he wants it to notify him because it fill up to fast and he dont get in, and I said it will fill up faster (because everyone knows about it) still making it difficult for him to enter
Back to Top