1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 01:12
    It would be nice if reputed chess players could be selected for the sole purpose of playing against a person, and analyzing their game afterward, giving some expert advise. Yes, you can post a thread asking someone random to analyze a specific game; but it's not the same as someone trusted giving detailed, expert advise on your game. Maybe we can call this the "online coach" feature.

I think this will work well if each coach had no more than three people at a time, playing about five games per coaching session. The first game would have advise come at the end of the session so that the coach could gauge a player's ability; the next three games would involve advise given during the games; the fifth and last game would then be like the first, giving advise at the end, with a comment on how far the one being coached has come, and what he/she should work on.

I think this should be offered to players a 1400 ranking or less, or any player who's win-streak is in a slump.

thoughts?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 01:242 edits
    As far as getting general advise it pays to be a sub, where you can play more games and get to know more people , and if they like you, or whatever, than they will probably give you tips ,(while they're whooping your but ,lol, nah just kidding ). Seriously though you could get that through your 6 games as long as you've got a touch of charisma and willingness 😉
    As for more specific instructions and talking you through endgames,etc. I think there will be others who can offer better advice than me, however if you don't get any, I'll give you some second-rate advice in a week or so 😕
    (someone help this guy out please )
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 16:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    It would be nice if reputed chess players could be selected for the sole purpose of playing against a person, and analyzing their game afterward, giving some expert advise. Yes, you can post a thread asking someone random to analyze a specific game; but it's not the same as someone trusted giving detailed, expert advise on your game. Maybe we can call this ...[text shortened]... players a 1400 ranking or less, or any player who's win-streak is in a slump.

thoughts?
    You can simply ask someone to do this for you, in lieu of an official site feature.

I'd be glad to send you a couple games and analyze them later on. If you consider me 'reputable' enough. 🙂
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You can simply ask someone to do this for you, in lieu of an official site feature.

I'd be glad to send you a couple games and analyze them later on. If you consider me 'reputable' enough. 🙂
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm just seeing this now.

That would be awesome, thanks. I'm currently at the max number of games (6, for non-subs) but when I get a free game, I'll request you. I think two of my games will be wrapping up soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree