1. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 19:432 edits
    Hi,

I'm again suggesting what's been my #1 wish for the whole time I've been a clan leader (nearly a year now) - a new statistic available for clan leaders that I suspect would be fairly easy to implement, and would be an enormous help in clan management.

I wish I could see the number of clan games each of my clan members is currently playing (under my clan!) - seeing that column appear in the member statistics page would make my year! 🙂

Why is this so important? Well, clan leaders typically ask their members to set a limit as to how many clan games they are willing to play concurrently - this way the members never get more than they can handle. This is why I need the ongoing-clan-game count for each member every time I am considering accepting a challenge, or setting up new challenges of my own.

As it stands now, to find this little crucial bit of info out, you need to open up the page for every ongoing clan challenge individually, and then tally up the ongoing games manually. I timed it the last time I did it, and it took me 15 minutes to get this info, and this was working without too many outside distractions... more than once it's happened to me that the phone has rang as I'm in the middle of tallying up the games on some page, and after I've finished the phone call, I don't remember whether I finished counting that page or not.... nothing to do but start over. 😞 Also, in this process there's the possibility of human error... not often but a couple of times I've accidentally gone over the limit of some member.

And this operation has to be done every single time I want to respond to challenges, or set up new ones.

And it is soooo frustrating, because it's exactly the sort of thing you know should be automated. It is the single most important statistic for a clan leader, and it's missing. 🙁 If this statistic was available, I could respond to challenges without delay, and also would be inclined to be more active in other clan matters, not having to waste time on this rather tedious excercise.

So please Russ, make my year - please put it on the "to-do-list", somewhere in the vicinity of the top of the pile... 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
  2. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 19:50
    I vote for this
  3. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 20:15
    got my rec
  4. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 20:161 edit
    What an idea! please can you do that russ. I to lose track of how many games i have given my members.

You get my Rec as well.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 20:37
    Jarno, you obviously have a clan of "high maintainence" players. And you care too much what they think. Just pile on the games or tell them to leave the clan. Seriously, I'll back you up. Good idea.
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 20:53
    I like this idea.

Nyxie
  7. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Jarno, you obviously have a clan of "high maintainence" players. And you care too much what they think. Just pile on the games or tell them to leave the clan. Seriously, I'll back you up. Good idea.
    Nah.... I'm too soft for my own good, can't help it! 😀

Cheers,
    Jarno
  8. Standard memberzach918
    Banned
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:02
    Yay, yay, yay!

We haaaaaaaaaaave to do this 😛

It would make life a ton easier 😀
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:023 edits
    It's a good idea and I rec it. But cos some people are in more than one clan I don't think the coding will be a walk in the park.
  10. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:07
    Originally posted by Exy
    It's a good idea and I rec it. But cos some people are in more than one clan I don't think the coding will be a walk in the park.
    Don't know how all this is coded of course, but my basic, naive(?) idea would be to count the ongoing games of each player with the relevant clan name in the title of the game.

That should work, especially since clans that share members can't challenge each other, so there'd never be the problem of counting games twise.

Of course, this would mean some additional coding if the sharing-clans-can't-challenge-each-other-thingy was ever changed. 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
  11. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:111 edit
    yes, I agree! I's a major chore to keep track of who wants more games, who doesn't, etc. etc.
  12. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:14
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    Don't know how all this is coded of course, but my basic, naive(?) idea would be to count the ongoing games of each player with the relevant clan name in the title of the game.

That should work, especially since clans that share members can't challenge each other, so there'd never be the problem of counting games twise.

Of course, this would mean s ...[text shortened]... if the sharing-clans-can't-challenge-each-other-thingy was ever changed. 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
    If you're going to do it why don't you do away with the on-duty / off-duty thing and just have an editable field for each clan member to enter max games per clan (if they are in more than one) once they reach their max games they automatically go off duty.
  13. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:17
    Originally posted by Exy
    If you're going to do it why don't you do away with the on-duty / off-duty thing and just have an editable field for each clan member to enter max games per clan (if they are in more than one) once they reach their max games they automatically go off duty.
    also yes!
  14. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:17
    Originally posted by Exy
    That would work too! A nice idea. 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
  15. London
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:25
    Originally posted by Exy
    As long as on/off duty is per-clan, that would be almost as good.

Otherwise, suppose I have four games (two challenges) for clan A, and two of those are 14-day games and as good as won, I might be happy to start some more for that clan and I could PM the leader. If I then have to up my per-clan game limit, the over-eager boss of clan B might pile in with another 3-day challenge. I think that Pyrrho's original idea is the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree