1. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 21:59
    I agree with Pyrro. I would also like to see some indication of whether or not a clan is accepting challenges on the list of clans. Bringing up each clan homepage is really time consuming, especially when so many are accepting challenges. -Delmer
  2. Standard membermoredhel
    Caught Red Handed
    Young Hollywood
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 22:30
    Gets my rec. Good idea!
  3. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 22:53
    I love it! With my clan website i have to count all that manually and its a pain in the bum, plus i can miss things!!

Please RUSS save me hours!!!!

Regards,

Dustin
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 22:55
    Works for me. Fine idea.
  5. Over seas
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 23:16
    What I have done is to ask my players that if they do not want any games to make themselves unavailable. I do not generally send out challenges in bulk so this has not been a problem for me. I also let them know that if they are marked as available they are fair game.

Mike
  6. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 23:24
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    Hi,

I wish I could see the number of clan games each of my clan members is currently playing (under my clan!) - seeing that column appear in the member statistics page would make my year! 🙂

Why is this so important? Well, clan leaders typically ask their members to set a limit as to how many clan games they are willing to play concurrently - this w ...[text shortened]... on the "to-do-list", somewhere in the vicinity of the top of the pile... 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
    Great idea Pyrrho, I support it 100 percent.

Let me just suggest,that maybe instead of yourr members setting a certain number of challengesthey want to play, try some other systems.
    For exaple:
    a)Decide that whenever your clan member doesnt want anymore games he makes himself unavailable.
    b)Instead of a limit of challenges decided with your members on a limit of games in progress this member wants, that way you just look at his number of games in progress.
    I think this will save you from the labor of going through every single challenge
  7. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    30 Sep '04 23:27
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    Hi,

I'm again suggesting what's been my #1 wish for the whole time I've been a clan leader (nearly a year now) - a new statistic available for clan leaders that I suspect would be fairly easy to implement, and would be an enormous help in clan management.

I wish I could see the number of clan games each of my clan members is currently playing ...[text shortened]... on the "to-do-list", somewhere in the vicinity of the top of the pile... 🙂

Cheers,
    Jarno
    I remember Rhymester asking for this feature about a year ago, and everyone who posted then agreed it was a good suggestion. It's still a great idea!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 05:31
    I also agree with this idea.
  9. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 05:43
    A very good idea. Got my vote.

Prefect.
  10. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 06:55
    I have always supported this idea, it was a particular problem for me when I took over the fun clan as I had not set up any of the previous challenges - and if you remember what the fun clan was like back then there were a hell of a lot of outstanding challenges. I had to go into each challenge and write down who was playing what game. It took...days :-(

I think this would also ve very good to show other team mates who is taking the workload for the team. Members might think twice about the contribution some teammates are making.

Other good features from a larger established clan perspective would also include...

*Past members section - A lot of people leave clans for the right reason, non-rhp activity (some people may call this a life!) forces them to play less games, or it may be for less positive reasons, It would be great if we could have some link to our past members. I am sure I am not the only clan leader who thinks being in "their" clan should mean more ti its members than an accidental click of a moue. Also if a member leaves we can quickly message old members and see if they want to rejoin the clan, keep older members updated on what the clan is currently doing, and also quickly notice if an old member becomes active on rhp again.

I had another one but I have forgot it already, must have been a good one!!!

Andrew
  11. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 07:46
    The best idea here in a long time - Jarno, you have my full support on this as it would make my life considerably easier (and I need more then 15 minutes to go through my clan matches !!!

Russ, please implement that (if possible)

Thanks

Boris
  12. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 07:48
    Full support here. Would be a great feature to have.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 08:06
    Now this forum work is complete (for the time being) I can get back to the clan work which I was beavering away on before the forums blew up again.

-Russ
  14. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 09:232 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    Now this forum work is complete (for the time being) I can get back to the clan work which I was beavering away on before the forums blew up again.

-Russ
    Down forum, down! Bad forum! You blow up once more and it's no dessert for you in a month! 😛

Thanks Russ - I know you've got your hands full with us and our numerous requests, and you're doing a great job. 🙂 Also, the response times when problems arise are excemplary, something that many sites I know could learn from!

I know several people have independently suggested the idea I posted in this thread in the past. I just thought that now that the clans have grown in number and there are quite a few large, active clans, it would be a good time to revisit the issue. After all, there are now more people who are aflicted with the burden of this task... also, when you come to think of it, all this constant tallying involves having to load up a few dozen (at least - probably more) windows. With X number of clan leaders doing this each time they deal with challenges, it must add to the load on the server too... though it's probably not a huge deal in the whole scheme of things, it's still something.

Cheers,
    Jarno
  15. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 09:35
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    Great idea Pyrrho, I support it 100 percent.

Let me just suggest,that maybe instead of yourr members setting a certain number of challengesthey want to play, try some other systems.
    For exaple:
    a)Decide that whenever your clan member doesnt want anymore games he makes himself unavailable.
    b)Instead of a limit of challenges decided with your memb ...[text shortened]... in progress.
    I think this will save you from the labor of going through every single challenge
    The reason I'm not sure I like the A option is that it seems a bit inflexible... I might still want to receive some exeptional (perhaps very large, or otherwise of extra-interest) challenge and then ask my non-available members whether they'd like to still take part, even if it goes over their limit... if they are marked as unavailable, I might not receive the interesting challenge in the first place.

Also, this would put the responsibility of keeping the clan-status current for each member... I myself tend to be somewhat absent minded (when it comes to matters that I'm not running or organizing), and if I was a clan member in a clan with this policy, I imagine there'd be times that I'd wonder why I haven't received any clan games for a month, only to discover that I'd forgotten to switch the status back to "available"... 🙂

The problem with B is that many of my members are playing permanently above their self-set maximum number of total games. Half my members would become unusable in clan games.

-Jarno

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree