1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    18 Feb '05 19:55
    How about once a year having a clan winner? Then you could knock all the points back to zero. That way everyone gets a chance every year. It could be like winning the World Series, or the World Cup, or the Super Bowl🙂...well, maybe not like that. Anyway, just a thought.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 20:30
    Good Idea!

Have a seperate statistic for yearly wins and reset this each year on the RHP anniversary and award some sort of online trophy to the winning clan each year. Each clan could still maintain their regular statistics as they currently are.
  3. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 20:45
    As well as that you could have a knock out cup compo, for any team that wishes to enter. Min of 10 players per team. Say 3/7 T/o. Once the result is decided the draw for the next round could be made and the games started. If it's a draw then the team placed lowest in the league goes though.

You could also have an American style playoff with say the top 4 in the table qualifying for the quarter finals and the next 8 in a qualifying round to get into the quarter finals. With the top 4 seeded to play one of the winners of the qualifying round.

In this way teams will have something to play for even if they are not going to win the league.

They could be called the League title, The All in cup and the League play offs.

4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 22:11
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Good Idea!

Have a seperate statistic for yearly wins and reset this each year on the RHP anniversary and award some sort of online trophy to the winning clan each year. Each clan could still maintain their regular statistics as they currently are.
    Thanks Mr. Miller, perhaps the support of an esteemed moderator might draw a little more attention to this. Lets look at the point spread between the leading clan and say, the 15th place clan. There is no way, ever, that 15 is going to see the #1 spot. We could call it the Clanly Cup 🙂🙂...or maybe something even more ridiculous than that. It might heat up clan competition, as every year a fresh start will ensure that everyone gets a chance to "go for the gold".
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 02:231 edit
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Thanks Mr. Miller, perhaps the support of an esteemed moderator might draw a little more attention to this. Lets look at the point spread between the leading clan and say, the 15th place clan. There is no way, ever, that 15 is going to see ...[text shortened]... rt will ensure that everyone gets a chance to "go for the gold".
    Bob, I haven't been a moderator for quite some time now, esteemed or otherwise 😲, but I suspect that if several clan leaders were to suggest this idea to Russ, that would be more likely to get his attention and perhaps make it happen.

regards, Marc
  6. London
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 02:26
    i would certainly back this..it sounds like a great idea.

fred
  7. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 16:15
    I'm a clan leader and think it's a good idea. Could we not have two links. One on an annual basis and one overall, as it is now?

8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 20:51
    Then I'll be the first one to 'rec' this idea.
  9. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 20:51
    I think this is a great idea. That way, some of the newer clans would still be able to have their name at the top.
  10. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 21:08
    I think this is a very good idea. At the moment, clans are accumulating points with no real reason for doing so (apart from the quodos of having 'X' amount of points).

Kind regards,
    Stephen
    Metallica
  11. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 21:17
    good idea, you should sned feedback telling russ about this, rec'd

rgards,
    Elliot,
    Rise of the Elite
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 21:24
    Originally posted by Blobby
    good idea, you should sned feedback telling russ about this, rec'd

rgards,
    Elliot,
    Rise of the Elite
    Yeah, I think we should probably get some input from clan leaders befoer bothering him though.
  13. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 21:27
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Yeah, I think we should probably get some input from clan leaders befoer bothering him though.
    yes, but one query, if this idea was used what would be off the clan leagues? still have them do you think?
  14. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 02:22
    this is an amazing idea.. i don't write on these forums very often but this deservered it... it would be great as it would help the smaller clans recruit(like mine tHe dIRTy pITS for all interested 🙂 🙂) along with giving everyone a chance at the number one spot. big thumbs up!!
    And
    this way maybe all the new ones won't wanna jump into a clan on the first page 🙂 ..
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 02:45
    Originally posted by physurfer
    this is an amazing idea.. i don't write on these forums very often but this deservered it... it would be great as it would help the smaller clans recruit(like mine tHe dIRTy pITS for all interested 🙂 🙂) along with giving everyone a chance at the number one spot. big thumbs up!!
    And
    this way maybe all the new ones won't wanna jump into a clan on the first page 🙂 ..
    The positive input is mounting....would like to hear from some of the "Old Guard" on this one....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree