1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 08:17
    Originally posted by Blobby
    yes, but one query, if this idea was used what would be off the clan leagues? still have them do you think?
    The teams for the Leagues are set up at the beginning of the League instead of match by match. I prefer this method, so I really hope they don't cancel the Leagues. As it is I have no respect for the standard clan ranking system or the ways it's likely to change.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 09:39
    This could just add to the whole clan experience.
    The leagues are cool, but one more 'league' can just be a good idea...
  3. i do not know
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 15:05
    I think this is an great idea and would give the clains good competion.
  4. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 16:13
    You would not even have to finish all games by a certain date. You just say as of, for example, 1st March the yearly clan compo starts. All current games that finsh after this date will be included in new year. It will also encourage people to complete clan games, especially as we near the year end.

5. Standard membermockfrog
    London Calling
    Moral High Ground
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 20:37
    This looks like a good idea.

For me, the clan leagues have limited appeal, getting 18 games at once is not every ones preferred way of operating and it is always going to be the clan team with the highest average rating that does well. This all starts to get a bit elitist so we need something else as well that brings everyone into the frame running alongside the current system.

Obviously as we are close to the top of page one (more through longevity than skill, I know) we have a vested interest in keeping the status quo, but why is it also necessary to wipe out, as has been suggested elsewhere, all the history of the previous years and what happens in another years time when the next batch of new clans don't have a chance of getting to the top of a new system, do we have to do this all over again?

The format will need some thought, definitely a cup type of competition over a specific period, but, I do not want to lose the spirit of equal rating challenges which involve one and all.

Mockfrog

6. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 21:14
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    How about once a year having a clan winner? Then you could knock all the points back to zero. That way everyone gets a chance every year. It could be like winning the World Series, or the World Cup, or the Super Bowl🙂...well, maybe not like that. Anyway, just a thought.
    I'll vote for your idea Bobla. -Delmer, leader Clan Caissa
  7. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 22:53
    Originally posted by mockfrog
    This looks like a good idea.

For me, the clan leagues have limited appeal, getting 18 games at once is not every ones preferred way of operating and it is always going to be the clan team with the highest average rating that does well. This all starts to get a bit elitist so we need something else as well that brings everyone into the frame running along ...[text shortened]... want to lose the spirit of equal rating challenges which involve one and all.

Mockfrog

I suggested keeping the current list (overall) but having an annual list as well. It could actually commence from Jan 1 2005. It would mean going back over the results since then but I'm sure that sofftware could be written to do that.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 23:05
    I don't really like this idea. A year of people's games would be discarded and the cut off dates could be used tactically.

But I do like the motivation for the suggestion, ie: length of clan's existence and masses of games not being the way to get to the top.

I suggested another system in this thread...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=18685

D

9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 23:06
    Originally posted by Grandmaster bater
    I suggested keeping the current list (overall) but having an annual list as well. It could actually commence from Jan 1 2005. It would mean going back over the results since then but I'm sure that sofftware could be written to do that.
    Could do that, or have your own special RHP day. It could be March 1...or April 15, or anything you like...sporting events dont go from Jan1-Jan1...we wouldnt have to either
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I don't really like this idea. A year of people's games would be discarded and the cut off dates could be used tactically.

But I do like the motivation for the suggestion, ie: length of clan's existence and masses of games not being ...[text shortened]... /www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=18685

D

I don't think anyone is suggesting to delete the games or any other of the current statistics after a year.

I think the idea is to leave everything exactly as it now is, but to add a new "yearly counter statistic" feature, similar to what we currently have with the MAP and MAP of the month information.

The new yearly counter would be used to keep track of clan wins and would decide which clan would get the annual "Red Hot Clan" trophy, or whatever they might actually call it. The counter would then be reset to zero and a new yearly competition would start with all clans having an equal chance to win the next yearly trophy.

At least that's what I think the suggestion is....

regards, Marc
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 14:36
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I don't think anyone is suggesting to delete the games or any other of the current statistics after a year.

I think the idea is to leave everything exactly as it now is, but to add a new "yearly counter statistic" feature, similar to what we currently have with the MAP and MAP of the month information.

The new yearly counter would be used to kee ...[text shortened]... the next yearly trophy.

At least that's what I think the suggestion is....

regards, Marc
    Yup, thats it.🙂
  12. Joined
    25 Aug '04
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 15:13
    good idea!!!

-republicans
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 13:40
    Originally posted by ddbarnhardt
    good idea!!!

-republicans
    Alternative ratings will be provided soon. Don't worry, I know the current system stinks, and I have a few plans. I will discuss them all here when the time comes though. (Sorry to be a bit vague, I just have my head stuck in something else at the moment.)

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree